THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Allies After The Codex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Allies After The Codex Empty
PostSubject: Allies After The Codex   Allies After The Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 08:44

It seems like with the release of our Codex, mono-faction builds are very popular - understandable since a) we're the new hotness, and b) the way that our army works means that we need to field a lot of detachments just to get out whole army on the table.

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on running allies now, though. Losing a Drukhari detachment is going to be painful, but a Farseer Skyrunner still seems like an HQ choice that's arguably stronger than any of our own. Doom is still one hell of a power multiplier! I'm also waiting for their Codex to run this, but a Red Grief/Harlequin army has some real potential on paper.

So - any experiences or opinions?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Allies After The Codex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allies After The Codex   Allies After The Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 09:14

Honestly, CWE allies is always welcomed, top DE list will most likely be Black Heart with either Coven or Cult and CWE for powers/shiny spears, and maybe 1 unit of Dark Reapers, they are still very good even with the point increase, double shooting them is still removes whole squads.

In high end game play its all about maximum damage turns 1-2, clean up on turn 3, and turn 4 objectives (tho turn 3 also tried depending on time).

Having units like Talos and Shiny spears in combat turn 2 with quickening, fire and fade, then Doom, with 3 Ravagers, 3 RWJF's pumping out damage is going to be killer.

Cult would do Reavers moreso for tie ups (against Gman lines and IG tanks) with Wyches having Shardnets to keep things tied up (against Tau, Chaos, CSM gun lines).

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down

Allies After The Codex
Page 1 of 1