THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors

Go down 
+2
Kantalla
Soulless Samurai
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 19:57

I'd like to use some of the Gunners from my Raiders and Ravager as extra Kabalite Warriors (for my field squads, I mean). However, their feet have a slight slant that means they end up leaning backwards when put on a base.

Does anyone know any good ways to either stop them slanting like this or else how to pose them so that it doesn't matter?

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 22:33

I bent the feet a little to give them a more upright stance and made some small rocks for them to be climbing over:
Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors 20160714
Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors 20160715

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 23:52

Thanks for replying, but I was actually talking about the models who man the guns - not the ones who cling to the side of the vehicle.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 00:29

Couldn't you just bend the ankles a little to get the right posture?

Are you planning a replacement for the gunners?

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 03:16

Never tried to use the gunners, so didn't notice the slant in their base.

I think Kantalla's pictures give you a good direction though. A few "stones" at the back of the heels should counter the slant. After the blobs under the heels, add additional rubble so it doesnt' look out of place, and you'll be off to the races.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 06:12

its a weird sort of pose for a unit standing that square. maybe try sniping the back of the knees to get a bend in one?

if you just want them to stand straight, add a little green stuff to the heel, let it harden and then sand it to the angle you want.
Back to top Go down
Salem_666
Hellion
Salem_666

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 22:23

Looking at mine right now, I think a little green stuff on the heel would work nicely, or you could try making some rubble as suggested earlier. Never noticed they had such a hard angle before. You could also try having a bit of a mound of dirt/mud/sand/whatever you're using for basing texture behind the model to compensate for it, and make it slope down with the heels.
Back to top Go down
ph4ntron
Slave
ph4ntron

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2018, 22:09

Still a work in progress, but I decided to go the other way, and use guys with dark lances hanging off my raiders as a proxy for ravagers.. I can't justify paying double the price of a raider (in New Zealand) just for one extra sprue worth of plastic
Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors 20180610Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors 20180610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors   Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider/Ravager Gunners as Kabalite Warriors
Page 1 of 1