THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Converting Old Kabalite Warriors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

Converting Old Kabalite Warriors Empty
PostSubject: Converting Old Kabalite Warriors   Converting Old Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11 2014, 22:49

I've got a ton of old Dark Eldar lying around. Quite a bit of new stuff as well but I've never found the need to upgrade all of my warriors to new models. seems like a waste to toss 100 guys or so.

I've got a bunch of old raiders that have been relatively easy to convert by ripping off the old fins and using more current ones.

Question turns to the plastic warriors.
I'm sitting here with a model with no head and no arms thinking that if I order current kabalite heads and splinter rifles, it might look pretty solid. has anyone every done this? any pictures? any other ideas? the current warrior looks awesome, no doubt. but its a big expense to buy a bunch of them and like I said, seems like a waste.
I'd almost rather use the NEW models as Trueborn, and convert the old ones into a more basic looking warrior. thoughts? ideas??

the bits don't seem price..9 rifles and arms is 3 dollars..9 heads is also 3 dollars. combined shipping... i could order 6 sets and easily convert 50 warriors for 40 bucks. seems pretty good.. wondering how theyll look though...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Converting Old Kabalite Warriors   Converting Old Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12 2014, 08:24

I have!

Check out my project log (link in this messages footer) and you'll find a few examples of Warriors dotted around. All of my warriors are a mix and match of old, new, Eldar and Elf body parts.

Heres one quick example:

Converting Old Kabalite Warriors Warriors5_zps1d777ddb
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Converting Old Kabalite Warriors   Converting Old Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12 2014, 16:26

I mixed and matched mine with the new, worked out really well.

I did the same with craftworlders to makes some Exodites.

you could also use them as Corsairs who wouldn't have the latest kit anyhow
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Converting Old Kabalite Warriors   Converting Old Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13 2014, 00:18

thanks guys, i tried one figure and it turned out pretty well.
i dont mind a lot of the old heads but the guns look dumb so i ordered a bunch of splinter rifles. they attach quite easily and make a big impact on the figures.

good call on corsairs, ive been meaning to play around with that. where do you get the rules? an IA book i assume?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting Old Kabalite Warriors   Converting Old Kabalite Warriors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting Old Kabalite Warriors
Page 1 of 1