THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Tale of Two Dissies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
corollax
Hellion

A Tale of Two Dissies Empty
PostSubject: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 01:26

Spent the last few days without internet and cooked up these lists in the meantime. Hoping to get some feedback regarding the last 273 points.

Spoiler:

---vs.---

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 08:52

I am not completely sure and it depends a lot on what you will be fighting.

First I am no expert and have no real experience with coven, but to me the few points neccesary for urien over a haemy are often worth it (expecially if you often fight t3 or t5/6 models).
I am less inclined to use lances on your kabalites, so I would probably make some variation of the first list (possibly losing a kabalite and blaster in the proces to get urien and upgrade some dissies to lances).
Or my own idea I would take the base list, upgrade to urien ad a razorwing and a squad of scourges.
Back to top Go down
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 12:49

I think both lists are pretty solid but I'd make a couple small tweaks. On the first list I would drop the blast pistol and upgrade the base haemonculus to Urien, he's just so good for the extra 9 points. Also, since the Archons don't really have a transport I would split one of the warrior squads into 2 5 man's, it gives you the versatility to put all your Archons in a raider to get them up field quickly or run them on foot and have the same setup as normal. And being able to split a unit for objectives is good too.

Second list I don't think the Dark Lance's on the warriors is worth it right now. Unless you play in a very high toughness/armor meta I'd say take splinter cannons instead. If you drop the 4 Dark Lance's for Cannons and the blast pistol you can bump up the Mandrakes to 8. I like the grotesques in raiders, but saving the points and letting them run up the field with toughness 6, 4++ with urien is good too. Just depends how you like to use them.
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
corollax
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 13:48

@|Meavar:
I'm rarely a fan of "upgrading" disintegrators. If you do the math, they're only slightly less effective than dark lances as anti-tank, and even then only against T6 and T7 targets. In exchange, they save points and give options against a much wider range of target profiles.

@KabaliteSon:
The first list does not have a blast pistol to drop for upgrading Urien. It has only a single phantasm grenade launcher.

In both lists, the intent is for the flayed skull archons to accompany the grotesques in their raiders. The haemonculus joins one of them, while the Black Heart archon can either hop into the remaining slot or remain in the backfield as an aura buffer with the writ of the living muse.
Back to top Go down
KabaliteSon
Hellion
KabaliteSon

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 14:40

@corallax You're right, got them confused. You could swap in Agonizers over huskblades and drop the PGL. That would give you the points to use Urien. I don't think you're giving up much by switching. You lose the multi wound effects of HBs but are more consistent against higher T units. The high amount of disintegrators should cover the multi wound targets
Back to top Go down
http://Sanguinesons@blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Dissies   A Tale of Two Dissies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Dissies
Page 1 of 1