THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 pts for Tale of many gamers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

500 pts for Tale of many gamers  Empty
PostSubject: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 18:40

hi everybody im new to the new deldar book and need some help writing lists thank you in advance for any comments/crits

the way we have decided to run this is a start pt of 500 and a budget of £80 so that we can get a battleforce or a basic force to use every month we have a budget of £60 and a 200pt advancement. granted im a few quid over already with mine but im hopeful that with your help i can get a decent list and be able to progress over the course.

archon
agoniser 110 £9.50
shadowfield

5 kablite warriors
blaster
venom 135 £27.50
splinter cannon
night shields

5 kablite warriors
blaster
venom 135 £27.50
splinter cannon
night shields

6 kablite trueborn
splinter cannon 107 £18
darklance
487 £82.50

we have 1 player from every single army apart from chaos and tau
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 21:35

I'm waaaaay too lazy to go and check the cost of a unit and then convert it to pounds, so take that into account with all my advice (and if you buy a battleforce do you have to use the regular prices, or do you use the discount provided by the battleforce...whatever, head hurts now)

What I don't like about this current build is very simple; you have an assault archon who can't fit in either Venom, so he's going to be with a walking unit of Trueborn...who have a darklance, so if they're moving forward to get the archon into assault the lance is wasted points, and if they sit back and shoot the archon is wasted points.

Do not like.

The quickest solution I see is - get the Trueborn a Raider. Your current build is 227 (Archon and Trueborn)

6 Trueborn in a Raider w. a S.Cannon (the Raider comes with a lance,s o no need to buy another one)
Succubus w. Agoniser.

You lose - 1 Shadowfield 2++ save

You gain - Raider, mobile darklance, a functional assault unit, 4++ save on Succubus, and better assault stats overall on the Succubus as compared to the Archon.

Same point cost.

If you don't care about the invulnerable save you could always just stick with an Archon and save an additional 5 points.

Okay, I suspect that will lead to problems with your budget.
An alternate solution would be to get a Raider instead of one of the Venoms. Use a 10 man with dark lance squad instead of the Trueborn and slip the Archon in with some Warriors/Wyches in the Raider (again, for a low point cost game like this I'd run your Archon as a Succubus just because it will save you so much by not having to feel you need to buy a Shadowfield - you can always run it as an Archon later.)
Back to top Go down
LTKage
Hellion
LTKage

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 20:30

It would probably be easier just to buy a Battleforce, a Succubus, and a Venom. You'll be way over budget for month one but you end up saving a significant amount of money in the long run and get a more diverse force. I'm with Thorr on this one, just proxy the Archon for a Succubus.

£9.50 HQ
£65.00 Battleforce
£20 (?) Venom

I'm not from the UK, so how much does a venom actually cost?
------------------------------------------
List
HQ:
Succubus with Agonizer and Haywire Grenades 90

Troops:
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Splinter Cannon 125
8 Wyches with Hayire Grenades, 1 Wyche Weapon, Hekatrix with Agonizer in Raider with Flicker Fields 206

Fast Attack:
3 Reaver Jetbikes with Heat Lance 78

Total 499

Upside:
Nice mix of models. Theoretically able to crack armor well. Excellent melee with sufficient fire support. Good savings in long run.

Downside:
Over budget. Breaks the 1:100 Point lance rule. Reaver Jetbikes are generally better at higher point levels.

Things to consider:
If you can cut a deal with your shop owner and defer some purchases. When I started I bought a DE battleforce. The guy didn't have one but he had other things I needed. So, we sat down and calculated the dollar discount, applied the savings to the ravager and I bought the Reavers later. If you can pull something similar to that, you would have an army that would look like this:

HQ:
Succubus with Agonizer 85

Troops:
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Splinter Cannon 125
6 Wyches with, 1 Wyche Weapon, Hekatrix with Agonizer in Raider with Flicker Fields & TGL 175

Heavy Support:
Ravager with Flicker Field 155

Total 500

I like this list. Watch and lol as you table MEQs. You could probably take both the flicker fields and the wyche weapon. That would buy you 3 more wyches.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 22:46

This kind of thing is tricky because you have to consider both how a new purchase will contribute to your existing force and how it will fit in to the force that you hope, eventually, to have. Do you have any idea what kind of force you're ultimately aiming for, or is part of the point of the escalation that it gives you chance to try things out and experiment?

Either way, I'd say a Battleforce will make a good starting point. You can just use the Sybarite/Hekatrix as your HQ for now, saving the need to buy a separate one.

Then I'd suggest adding some Wracks to your Warriors/Wyches, so you have the troop options covered. Perhaps not so competitive in the short term (compared to, say, Blasterborn), but you'll need a solid core of troops so best to see how you get on with those before you decide whether to get more Warriors, Wyches, etc. (6th edition and your local meta may affect these choices.)
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2012, 17:14

unfortunatley the battleforce is done by the price of units and unfourtunately i cant have any discount because its a proper gw store were doing it in. also i was going for a standard kabal which brings in the best aspect of whyches warriors and the speed gangs so pretty much just a showcase of every type of unit

edit - if i can cut a deal with the manger i will

edit 2 - sorry for the double post still getting used to the forum Embarassed
but the manager has just told me via facebook that the price limit on the initail 500pts will not be enforced

Double and Triple Post Merged - Baron T
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 23:29

fishoutofwater wrote:

but the manager has just told me via facebook that the price limit on the initail 500pts will not be enforced

Hold the front page: GW store manager won't stop customer spending more money shocker!
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 19:47

yeah he was trying to push me into buying the collectors and the gamers edition last week. ( sorry again baron T Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 pts for Tale of many gamers    500 pts for Tale of many gamers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 pts for Tale of many gamers
Page 1 of 1