THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Voidraven Bomber

Go down 
+5
Massaen
MyNameDidntFit
Laughingcarp
Zenotaph
Razkien
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 20:53

Hey guys, I've been a way from the forum for a while but I started perusing again. I've been looking to expand my DE army a bit and I was thinking about picking up a flier or two. I was just curious, is there a model for the Voidraven or do we have to convert it?

Any "best practices" methods of doing this?

Thanks a bunch,
Raz
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 21:25

There's no model for the void raven, you have to convert it.
But, depending on how much time you have, there will be a new codex: Dark Eldar.
I believe, the void raven is coming with the new 'dex. Whenever it comes...
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 22:33

I may hold out then as my modeling / converting skills are lacking.

I figured there was going to be another "many many year" wait for the next Codex lol.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 23:38

The current reasoning is that our new codex should drop sometime ~december/february, I believe?
As for new models, yes we'll get some as they always release new ones with new codices, but we have no idea as to what aside from a few "leaked" rumours about new wracks/grots of some sort. Maybe we'll finally get HQs and a Voidraven! Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 23:55

I'll keep my fingers crossed lol. I'll probably at least pick up a Razorwing in the mean time... I just want one Razz

Thanks for the info guys,
Raz
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 10:06

You can always run the Razorwing as the Voidraven. There's no established model so as long as you're not running one of each in the same list using the same models you shouldn't find anyone who will try to stop you.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 12:37

The void dragon Phoenix with a little work works well
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 16:38

You make a good point MyNameDidntFit. I would consider converting, but my modeling skills are terrible. I've played Warhammer for many years and I've always loved the game but hated painting and gluing lol. May seem terrible, but I can't really help it.

All good points tho guys,
Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 21:01

I have found the Razorwing Jetfighter really rather good.

I try to run one instead of going for triple Ravagers and often use it in a situational role, going for what it needs to with lances and missiles.

I used to use it to good effect in fifth as a squad deletion tool, firing four missles the turn it comes on and with this possible again in seventh I'll be looking forward to trying that out again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 02:31

I've been running a Razorwing with SC, Lances and 4x Necrotoxin missiles and it definitely deletes squads. From Bloodletters to Sternguard it puts out so many wounds with 4x Poison (2+) Large Blasts that the enemy save really doesn't matter.

Above even our Venoms, it is #1 at Horde Control. I'm relishing the chance to put it to use against the new Ork 'dex on Sunday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 08:10

Why use Necrotoxin over Shatterfield missiles? Shatterfield have strength 7 and wound all basic infantry and most things in the game on a 2+ already and you get to reroll in case the 1s show up. Plus with them being strength 7, you can effect vehicles if need be.

Maybe I am missing something though. thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 09:26

You aren't missing something. I've asked myself the same question and came to no conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion
Korwey

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 13:07

Necro is Pinning and AP5, still not much difference from the other two. I hope we get some anti air missiles with the new rumored Voidraven kit.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06 2014, 10:57

Yep. I use them for Pinning and AP5. Works wonders against Orks and Guardsmen who are the main mobs I face.
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2014, 21:55

SCP Yeeman wrote:
Why use Necrotoxin over Shatterfield missiles?  

Necrotoxin is ineffective against your vehicles. I opt for necrotoxin when using raiders with splinter racks. 12" is the sweet spot and with necrotoxin bad scatter rolls are mitigated.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voidraven Bomber  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voidraven Bomber    Voidraven Bomber  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voidraven Bomber
Page 1 of 1