THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kman0300
Slave
kman0300

Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists? Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?   Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists? I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 21:30

Hey guys, long-time Dark Eldar lover here (they will always be dark eldar to me) Wink.

I'm basically coming back from 3rd/4th edition, and was wondering what your guys'/girls' thoughts were on the new drukhari? I'm looking to get back into the hobby and play again.

Just your general opinions on how to kick primaris (and other assorted xenos) butt for this edition, what your take is on pure kabal/wych cult/coven setups, etc. As I'm basically gearing up for war and wondering what to gravitate towards. Haven't yet gotten the codex, but soon will.

Thanks, guys! Happy killing!

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?   Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2018, 14:18

This probably belongs in the general discussion section, but the mods can handle that.

I only have the DE codexes back to the 5th edition one so I can't comment on how the current covered compares to 3rd/4the, but I absolutely love our new codex. Lot less wargear options than older codexes like 5th, but the army is probably the strongest it's been in a very long time, and the ability to get different abilities between the kabals/cults/covens is awesome. The best thing is honestly these days almost all our units are viable. Yeah if you're a tournament player some builds are definitely more competitive, but for standard play you can make not of our units work.

If you want to run a pure kabal, cult or coven kabal is definitely the strongest due to all of it's firepower, but any combination can work. Personally I think a strong kabal detachment backed up by a sizeable cult and/or coven melee element is the most fun and interesting army, but you can do whatever you want really.

Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?   Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2018, 14:43

I only started playing in 7th edition so the codex is amazing in comparison. Most units are actually worth using, and all of our obessesions are actually pretty good in my opinion (some better than others, but all of them can be used for various roles). I prefer to run my lists mainly as a central kabal battallion for ranged firepower, backed by a smaller force (usually about a 3rd of the points allowance) of either wych cult or covens. And in regards to primaris killing, disintegrator cannons are pretty fantastic, 3 shots per gun, wounds most primaris on 3's, drops them to a 6+ save (5+ if they're in cover) and each failed save is a dead primaris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?   Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on the Codex and Army Lists?
Page 1 of 1