THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Melee weapons / additional attacks

Go down 
+3
Marrath
Siticus the Ancient
BlackCadian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

Melee weapons / additional attacks Empty
PostSubject: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 11:50

Hey, this might have come up before but I couldn’t find it after a cursory browse.

Some melee weapons, like the Gots cleavers, allow you to make an additional attack with this weapon.

Does this mean I could also make ALL my attacks with the cleaver, or just this one? I was beating on a unit of vehicles and the -1 would’ve helped, but the way I read it I thought only the one additional attack may be made with it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 14:24

You choose one weapon to make your attacks with, unless explicitly specified otherwise (as I seem to recall a melee weapon like that but it may as well be visions of 7th still clouding my mind)

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 14:30

According to the rules:
Seite 183: 4. Nahkampfwaffe wählen

You choose which weapon to use.
The restriction for the Monstrous Cleaver means that the additional attack Monstrous Cleaver generates can not be made with another weapon.
So you can use Monstrous Cleaver for all your attacks.
And you must use it for at least the one extra-attack it generates.

The restriction you mean is often the case with Tyranids:
For example on the Carnifex' Thresher Scythe and other tail-weapons, it is worded like this:
"Every time you fight with this weapon, you can make one (and only one) additional attack with this weapon."
But i think Drukhari don't have restrictions like that.

BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 14:59

Sweeeet! Thanks guys!

Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 09:11

Marrath wrote:
According to the rules:
Seite 183: 4. Nahkampfwaffe wählen

You choose which weapon to use.
The restriction for the Monstrous Cleaver means that the additional attack Monstrous Cleaver generates can not be made with another weapon.
So you can use Monstrous Cleaver for all your attacks.
And you must use it for at least the one extra-attack it generates.

The restriction you mean is often the case with Tyranids:
For example on the Carnifex' Thresher Scythe and other tail-weapons, it is worded like this:
"Every time you fight with this weapon, you can make one (and only one) additional attack with this weapon."
But i think Drukhari don't have restrictions like that.

Poor ichor injector, left out and forgotten. ofc it doesn't give an extra attack.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 18:03

You can also use your base 4 attacks with the flash gauntlet and then 1 additional attack with the cleaver
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 05:34

The only Dark Eldar with that exception is Lelith with her Mane of Barbs and Hooks.

Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 12:31

Well technically you can make all of your attacks with the mane but that's just plain retarded.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 20:17

Mane of Barbs and Hooks, also Lelith's Penetrating Blades and Monstrous Cleaver are the same in that you must do the additional attacks they generate with them, respectively.
But you can do all your attacks with them.

The Ichor Injector is the only exception i could find that has the restriction that you can only use it for 1 attack.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 20:46

Marrath wrote:
The Ichor Injector is the only exception i could find that has the restriction that you can only use it for 1 attack.
Shock Prow also has the one attack limitation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melee weapons / additional attacks   Melee weapons / additional attacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melee weapons / additional attacks
Page 1 of 1