THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Melee weapons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 12:33

The DE melee weapons list is frankly lackluster. many of the options are limited to a single type of model or at best a very small selection of our forces, with the majority of our squad leaders looking at a choice of power sword or agonizer (you choose the agonizer), and our HQs not really much better off.

This thread is for adding weapons to our general arsenal, not for squad specific ideas.

First up: The Torment Blade. A terror weapon, the torment blade is not designed to kill but instead to cripple the unfortunate foe in the most agonizing ways the twisted designer could concoct. Troops flee from the horrific screams of their comrades wounded by this weapon, while even the mightiest of foes might succumb to the pain and be unable to carry on the fight.

Torment Blade: Melee S User AP -1 Damage 1

Wounds non-vehicles on 4+ regardless of enemy toughness.

A unit that takes unsaved wounds from this weapon must make a Morale check in the Morale phase, even if it took no casualties, at a -1 penalty per wound this weapon inflicted. This does not affect vehicles, but it does affect characters and monsters. Models wounded but not slain by this weapon are removed as casualties from a failed morale check triggered by this weapon before other models in their unit.

Next on the list: Void Blade.
The Void Blade is a darklight weapon, a beam of pure unlight contained in a specialized field that sculpts it into a 3-foot-long blade. There is little this weapon cannot cut through handily, though unfortunately the nature of the technology makes the blade impossible to use with the normal deft skill the Dark Eldar are infamous for.

Void Blade: Range: Melee. Strength: 8. AP -4. Damage D3.

Attacks with this weapon are made at -1 to hit.

(Note: yes, I am suggesting a power fist equivalent which is basically a darklight lightsaber)
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 17:58

The rules for the Torment Blade feel a little cumbersome.

Why not have it wound like an Agonizer but trade out -2AP for -1AP and 2 Damage? Then if it scores any casualties you roll 2D6 for each unit in question and compare to their Leadership, cause 1 Mortal Wound for each point of difference. Put a 10pt or 12pt price tag on it.

The Mortal Wounds won't always go off but you have a weapon with a stat line that brings something slightly different to the table than an Agonizer.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 22:53

I agree with Icfr. I like how that works and does effectively the same thing

I would like to add my own ideas here -

A Paralytic blade. These blades are highly prized for their abilities to slow down large creatures and enemy characters sufficient to be captured instead of killed.
Available to all characters and wych style units.
Str: User. Ap: -  Damage: 1

A character or monstrous creature wounded by this weapon must half the number of attacks they make this fight phase.

Soul Spear. These spears can channel captured or absorbed souls to do more damage, at risk to the user. Available to all characters and Kabal style units and Incubi

Normal Profile:
Str: User.  Ap -1.  Damage d3

Soul Strike Profile
Str: x2.  Ap - 2. Damage 3.  If a 1 is rolled to hit, the wielder is slain. If a 6 is rolled to wound, it does a mortal wound in addition to the normal damage

Threshing Scythe. A large scythe, often wielded by the creations of the Haemonculi, for when swathes of lesser foes simply need to die.. Available to all characters and Hamey style units

Str: User. Ap: -1. Damage: 1. Every time you fight with this weapon, you may make an additional attack at -1 to hit. You may continue to add additional attacks at a cumulative -1 penalty per additional attack, to a max of + 3 attacks at -3 to hit.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17 2017, 23:44

I think that the Soul Trap could be reintroduced pretty much exactly the same way it was before, part of an arsenal of artefacts available in limited supply at the start of a game like Chaos Marine Artefacts (I'm assuming Relics work the same way?).

I love the Void Blade idea btw. I think it'd need to be priced somewhat prohibitively to avoid being a no-brainer selection though, 20ish points like a Chainfist.

How about the good old Dark Gate? Let's imagine it as following the rules for Pistols so that it also can have an application in combat.

Haemonculus Only. Pistol 6" One Use Only. Same ability as the Voidraven Void Mine.

I'd love to see a weapon that lets the character either suffer Mortal Wounds or have friendly Drukhari units within 3" suffer Mortal Wounds to increase the Damage output of a weapon. Or maybe just an artefact that allows any weapon to be augmented that way. Might be too clunky a rule though.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 09:25

Chainflails. Vehicle weapon upgrade. S: user. AP: 0. Damage: 1. If a unit attacks with this weapon it gains an additional 2d6 attacks at S:3 AP: 0 D: 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Melee weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Melee weapons   New Melee weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Melee weapons
Page 1 of 1