THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Age of the Dark Eldar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hexxenwyrd
Hellion
hexxenwyrd

Age of the Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 15:05

So I had a brief thought, how much of the Dark Eldar army could you make out of reasonable conversions from Age of Sigmar models.

Mandrake from the new fish elves have been discussed, Crypt horrors for grots is a classic, wych elves for wychs is pretty easy.
But then the daughters of khaine provide a few extra options with the new models, the medusa could be sslyth, the harpies could be made into scourges or maybe even hellions.
ghouls might work for wracks.
if put guns on the model, dark elves become kabalites pretty easy.
Talos and Chronos would take a bit more conversion, but they are kinda horrible stitch together monsters so some sort of kitbash of monsters could work great.

Vehicles seem like a problem, but I'm iirc the kharadon overlords skyships aren't that far off in size. And there is the skycutter.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 18:20

There's definitely a lot to work with, like you've already mentioned. I've tried using Crypt Flayers for Grotesques and the Melusai for Sslyth and they both work excellently. For vehicles, these look like Reavers and I'll be damned if this shark doesn't look like a Venom. The old High Elf Shadow Warriors are also pretty classic Kabalite or Trueborn conversion.

But I'm also pretty sure I have a problem where I look at pretty much any model and think "Hey, with some converting that'd fit right into my Dark Eldar army..."
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 20:29

A lot, all of the conversions I do make use of Age of Sigmar models to some degree (I even have converted Talos and Cronos with AoS models)

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 00:21

For Coven units, I find the Kairic Acolytes to make supremely fine stand-ins for Wracks (cheaper too!) if you want to give a more regal feel to your haemonculus' servants. Similarly, I am long playing around with the idea of using the Morghast as particularly arcane looking Pain Engines. The Namarti flying shark also makes me want to modify it a little and turn it into a Pain Engine.

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 01:06

Siticus this may interest you then Smile
Age of the Dark Eldar 110

As for Dark Eldar and Dark Elf stuff
Age of the Dark Eldar 210

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 08:19

Yes, the Morghast Pain Engines look as good as I had thought. Nice squad of Executioner Incubi as well.

mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 10:30

Those pain engines are sick. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of the Dark Eldar   Age of the Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of the Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1