THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lhamaean question

Go down 
+5
Quauchtemoc
The Strange Dark One
AzraeI
Ikol
archondav
9 posters
AuthorMessage
archondav
Slave
archondav

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 15:19

I was looking at the entry for the Lhamaean in the new codex and i noticed that she is armed with a Shaimeshi blade only. No mention of a splinter pistol. I did a double take and said I thought she had a pistol. I had to go and check the 7th edition codex and sure enough, she did. Did GW take it away? I guess the reason would probably be that it is not on the offficial model, but all the Lhamaeans I converted all have pistols.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 15:34

Yes, she lost her pistol.

It’s stupid.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 19:12

Ikol wrote:

It’s stupid.

no its not stupid, you know new players are so overwhelmed with the magnificent new game they are learning, they cant be bothered with such nasty things like converting models or simply REMEMBERING one piece of equipment
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 19:39

Considering that they are dealing mortal wounds on a 4+ now I really don't see why you would be upset about... pistols.
Back to top Go down
archondav
Slave
archondav

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 20:44

Only because my Lhamaeans are converted and all have pistols. I don't think I have non-pistol arms to change to.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 20:54

archondav wrote:
Only because my Lhamaeans are converted and all have pistols. I don't think I have non-pistol arms to change to.

Honestly people dont know Drukhari well enough to realise this
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 06:49

Is it still WYSIWYG if they have weapons modeled that they can't actually have?
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 08:46

LordSplata wrote:
Is it still WYSIWYG if they have weapons modeled that they can't actually have?

Considering they have no weapon option at all i would say yes
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 09:19

If my Lhameans like to take toy pistols to the battle that's their prerogative Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Midnight_Fox
Slave
Midnight_Fox

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 10:19

AzraeI wrote:
Ikol wrote:

It’s stupid.

no its not stupid, you know new players are so overwhelmed with the magnificent new game they are learning, they cant be bothered with such nasty things like converting models or simply REMEMBERING one piece of equipment

I've been playing since 2nd Ed and I forget what equipment some of my stuff has sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 11:08

Nobody cares if your model has a pistol or not. Really, nobody will refuse a game because your Lhamaen has a pistol instead of the regular broken off failcast scabbard. People have a hard time telling one Eldar subfaction from another, knowing if that t3 5+ model has a pistol on the profile or not is esoteric knowledge.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 22:05

Midnight_Fox wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
Ikol wrote:

It’s stupid.

I've been playing since 2nd Ed and I forget what equipment some of my stuff has sometimes.

everyone does, its still a weak argument that wargear options get cut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lhamaean question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lhamaean question   Lhamaean question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lhamaean question
Page 1 of 1