THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sslyth & Lhamaean

Go down 
+25
Lurking Evil
tlronin
Crisis_Vyper
Evil Space Elves
Mike
Urien Rakarth
Local_Ork
Plague
Archon Farath Mure
Kinnay
Baron Tordeck
Saintspirit
TheDuke
Gobsmakked
GAR
Bhariss
Angaurrith
Sorrowshard
Judgex83
DrBored
Fletch
GrenAcid
Nepenthe
Thor665
Sky Serpent
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 14:21

STOP PRESS!

Sslyth & Lhamaean Attachment

Discussion of Sslyth and Lhamaean begins towards the end of Page 2 of this thread.

MajorWesJanson of Warseer wrote:
Void Raven bomber art, and pictures for SSlyth and poisoner.
Void Raven is larger Razorwing, with two more engines, angular butt canopy in the nose, stubby Void Lances. Discussed frame breakdown, likely to end up on three tank sprues.

Poisoner is female, wearing a mix of armor plates and sort of a kimono.

Sslyth is snake like. No legs, sits on tail. 4 arms, with CC weapons. Crocodile like head.

Used to allow pictures of concept art, but doesn't/can't anymore since other companies/individuals have used that art as a basis for knockoffs in the past. Especially unhappy with the argument that since his work is "derivative" that pirating the design is fair game.

Haemi pose was intentionally cruciform, with a sort of "go ahead and shoot me, I don't care."
Beastmaster was done by Jes on spare time.

Medusae and Ur-Ghul in cabinet. Medusae has 2 different complete head options. Got to discussing the Ur-Ghul. Jes explained that it originally came from a throwaway line about a temple of the Ur-ghul, and when asked what they were, they ended up being expanded into a race and unit entry. Also got to discussing Urghul skin, and how it is like shark skin. Some Archons like to wrap the hilts of their weapons with Ur-ghul leather.

Information taken from a Warseer user's account of talking to Jes Goodwin at Games Day USA.

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 16:27

Armor plates and kimono?
Let it be a good base for Malys conversion.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 17:26

Thanks a lot, good tidings!

The Sslyth also sounds like I envisioned him, which is nice. Still, no models that hadn't been rumoured yet, which means that we might have emptied the slot machine in a month or two, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 17:55

Yeah, but what are we lacking at this stage?

Wyches - done.
Warriors - done.
Trueborn/Bloodbrides - effectively done.
Haems - done.
Succubus - done.
Archon and Court - done.
Ravager, Venom, Voidraven, Ravorwing - done.
Wracks, Grots, Talos, Cronos - done.
Mandrakes, Incubi, RJBs, Scourges, Hellions - done.
Beastmaster and Beasts - done

The only thing we're lacking is some of the ICs, yeah? I can *really* live with that. DE have cleaned shop as much as any non-Imperium dex should ever hope for.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 17:57

Well, IMO it's very unlike GW to not release the "big" character, Vect in this case... I agree we've been amazingly well set up as it is, though.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 18:02

UNRELEASED MODELS
from new Codex

Asdrubael Vect - no news
Lady Malys - no news
Duke Sliscus - rumoured never to be made
The Decapitator - no news
Baron Sathonyx - no news
Lhamaean and Sslyth - concept sketches seen
Voidraven Bomber - known to be in development

(excluding various missing unit upgrades, vehicle upgrades, Trueborn, Bloodbrides and Haemonculus Ancient.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 22:30

Thor665 wrote:
Armor plates and kimono?

DE in kimono??....Brwwrwrlgth....[censored].

No pictures of concept art of bomber ??

edit - please respect that we have members from both sexes.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2011, 02:34

The Voidraven should be making its way to shelves by September according to Jes.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2011, 06:01

Fletch wrote:
The Voidraven should be making its way to shelves by September according to Jes.

bounce

That would be awesome... to put it mildly Wink
Back to top Go down
DrBored
Hellion

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02 2011, 07:41

Want, want, want. Sorry Tyranids.

Let's be real, pretty much everything is accounted for except for a few minor vehicle upgrades (how do you show Flickerfields or Nightshields on a vehicle? Who knows). All the weapons have been released with the release of the Scourge boxes, and once that Voidraven comes out, everything except for the Special Characters will be done, and who cares about Special Characters when there are so many ways you can convert them up with the kits available? Drazhar, Lelith, and Urien have great models already, of course.

I just want that Voidraven, really. My list is essentially complete save for 3 Voidraven Bombers. I don't care how big they are, I just want them to be cool...
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2011, 13:37

with the lack of drazhar and vect in the pictures in the codex i dont think we are quiet done getting new models.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 14:29

umm, Drazhar has arguably one of the best pictures in the book, if they made the model like that i would buy it and put it on a table to play with in spite of his rules being carbon-copy phoenix lord suckfail.

I'm also going to convert my vect when he comes out , a stupid big stick/staff thing seems really out of place for DE.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 14:36

... Why are you assuming that he'd have a stupid big stick/staff?
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 16:20

It's GW, 'scepter of the dark city' will be a stupid rod /staff/ wand/stick thing Vects a killer not a harry potter wannabe.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 17:00

Uhh, ok.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 21:32

But scepter is a scepter....its a sign of power....kinda classic thing like all kings have crowns ect.
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2011, 21:11

Sorrowshard wrote:
umm, Drazhar has arguably one of the best pictures in the book, if they made the model like that i would buy it and put it on a table to play with in spite of his rules being carbon-copy phoenix lord suckfail.

I'm also going to convert my vect when he comes out , a stupid big stick/staff thing seems really out of place for DE.

I was not talking about the art work i was talking about an actual model picture. The model pictures are the only ones I give a damn about.
Back to top Go down
Angaurrith
Hellion
Angaurrith

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 03:31

I spoke today with my GW contact about the new releases. He says that they are scheduled for the twentieth of this month. The only confirmed models are the Court, and he told me there is no Voidraven model being made because of the Forge World model (Then again, Jes would know more, wouldn't he Very Happy ), but he did mention that the standard Harlequin may be redone.

Also, he said that the Necrons are supposed to come out in November for sure. And then he said there is a 40k release for September, but he said he wasn't allowed to tell me what.

At any rate, take that as you will. I just want the new models Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://seventh-seal-40k.blogspot.com/
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 08:11

No voidraven because of the forge world model? Which forge world model is that? Your GW contact doesn't sound like he's too much on the DE page. Smile
Back to top Go down
Angaurrith
Hellion
Angaurrith

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 19:02

I know. He just started playing them really. I think he was talking about the Void Dragon.
Back to top Go down
http://seventh-seal-40k.blogspot.com/
Bhariss
Hellion
Bhariss

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 07:57

Angaurrith wrote:
Also, he said that the Necrons are supposed to come out in November for sure. And then he said there is a 40k release for September, but he said he wasn't allowed to tell me what.

That's interesting, but alongside the Ogre release? I wouldn't be betting on a Voidraven, although the remainder of the Court showing up would be a fairly safe assumption.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 14:53

last I heard there were some casting issues with the void raven bomber that had to be worked out.

it would make sense that the Void Dragon was not coming out until later, and its pretty easy to get them mixed up, between DE and Necrons there is a whole lotta Void ( insert word) running around.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 15:24

Edit (post removed)

I received reliable information which told me that the rumours I'd recapped here were partially very mistaken. Hence, they have been removed.

Last edited by Nepenthe on Sun Aug 14 2011, 10:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 15:27

I'm not to worried about it. I don't field a Voidraven or the Court currently, and I probably won't pick them up until the Christmas holidays anyway.

I'm content to wait comfortably know they will eventually be released. I more keen to get a 3rd Talos kit before anything else at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 09:35

Several Pythonesque posts relating to something completely different deleted.

On topic please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sslyth & Lhamaean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sslyth & Lhamaean
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next