THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?

Go down 
+12
|Meavar
amorrowlyday
The Strange Dark One
PartZebra
AzraeI
Quauchtemoc
HERO
Aschen
TeenageAngst
Burnage
amishprn86
Captain_Orzy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?   Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2018, 22:56

HERO wrote:
Ooo.. I like that spoiler tag.  Using it.

And yes, I agree, it's the Harlequins that take up too many points in a list.

For me, there's a big balancing game between CWE, DE, and Harlequins.  We already know that Doom/Jinx are amazing compliments to our psykerless army, and what the Hemlock and Crimson Hunter Ex brings to the table.  However, if Harlequins are truly only reduced to a Patrol in your army, why bring them at all?

Are they competitive enough to justify a larger slot in your army?

Well, even with a Patrol the Harlequins can still be adding quite a lot. The Shadowseer can consistently be throwing out 3d3 mortal wounds a turn, Fusion Pistols can help focus down any big single units, the Starweaver (especially with Soaring Spite and Faolchu's Talon) provides some additional anti-infantry and mobility.

A Battalion, to me, doesn't seem to add that much more (aside from +5 CP!) but obviously requires a larger investment - you're looking at a bare minimum of over 600 points to get units that won't get shot to death in a hail of bolter fire. You could look at other detachments - three Death Jesters hitching a ride with the Shadowseer, or three units of Haywire Skyweavers both seem like they have potential on paper to me - but you're still running into cost issues (and also missing out on the Fusion fire).

In the grand scheme of things, running a Patrol really doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world. It's just adding a little bit of extra kick to the list as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?   Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2018, 00:32

I have been tossing about the idea of a Dreaming shadows detachment with 2 death jesters and a solitare and shadowseer. SHould be like 313 pts. Give the one the relic, then combo the two strats. Shoot twice and do multiple hits per shot. With curtainfall should do so damage to any characters.

Not sure it's worht the points, but may do the rose on the solitaire too. Make them both my character hunters.
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior
Anarchistscourge

PostSubject: Re: Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?   Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2018, 15:30

The curtainfall relic + multihit per shot strat is awesome. Quirk at MWG got the codex earlier and he uses this often. Nothing funnier than seeing 250pts of Deathwatch going down to a 45pt model.

PostSubject: Re: Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?   Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will be adding Harlequins to their Drukhari lists?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3