THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Acceptable Mandrakes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

Acceptable Mandrakes? Empty
PostSubject: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:45

So I recently got the Namarti and I went a little over the top with the conversion, would you guys accept these them as Mandrakes (I plan on adding spirit hosts flying around their bases to add to the effect)
Acceptable Mandrakes? Drakes12
Acceptable Mandrakes? Drakes13

Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:47

I personally would see those more as Incubi, but some spirity stuff might help.

In the end, counts as models dont really have to LOOK the part (though it helps) as long as they aren't represented by the same model somewhere else

Such as my Sslyth I modeled up as an archon, it'd be very confusing if I also brought a Sslyth with him
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:52

Yeah I understand why they'd be looked at as Incubi, but I already have Incubi conversions and I'd like to keep using them.

That is true, but keeping it close to theme is always nice (especially if a person is like me and trying to convert everything in their army)

You made a Sslyth an Archon? Thats different.

Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 04:59

yeah... the Sslyth was supposed to be Duke Sliscus in the old edition, since his nickname was 'the serpent'...so it worked out
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21 2018, 06:40

they look a bit too armored to fit with mandrake lore. i think the namarti thralls work because they have the mostly bare torsos.

they do look super cool though and have to agree with the others they look more incubi like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceptable Mandrakes?   Acceptable Mandrakes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acceptable Mandrakes?
Page 1 of 1