THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep Strike Summary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Deep Strike Summary Empty
PostSubject: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2018, 18:27

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get back in the loop after a six month absent, and consolidate my understanding of the FAQs/erratas that have been released since.

My understanding is that if I'm deep striking on turn 1 I'm limited to my deployment zone, but that units like Illic Nightspear, for example, would still be able to deploy where they please before the first round.

Also, it's my understanding that units that deep strike, whether on the first turn or otherwise, can't be affected by movement based psychic powers or, in our case, Strategems like Fire and Fade.

Is this correct?

If there's something I'm mistaken on, could someone correct me?

Thanks for your time and energy gentle reader!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2018, 21:49

You have that all right as far as I can see.

There are still some shenanigans that are essentially deep strike, but aren't technically, such as the infiltration options first turn like Ravenguard, and some wargear that lets you redeploy, like the Necron Veil of Darkness, which aren't hit by the turn one deep strike limitation. Things that deep strike properly are now limited to their own deployment zone if they land on turn one.

Correct about no movement on the turn of deep strike (except charges). Technically that was already in the book, but it was generally read as no movement phase movement, and now means it's no longer Warptime.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2018, 12:07

You've got it basically correct, but its worth noting that those are only Beta rules and subject to change if GW listen to any of the people who hate them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 01:06

My opponent in a game last week had an interesting suggestion for a change to the deep strike beta rules. His idea was that the player going first is limited to deep strike within their deployment zone, but the player going second is not.

I quite like the idea, as it means both players get at least one chance to move before deep strikers can land all around them, and it adds a little bit of depth to the decision to go first or second.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2018, 02:21

Might be worth noting that being restricted to your own deployment zone is still just a beta rule, so if neither you or your opponent wish to use that rule you wouldn't have to
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2018, 05:54

Kantalla wrote:
My opponent in a game last week had an interesting suggestion for a change to the deep strike beta rules. His idea was that the player going first is limited to deep strike within their deployment zone, but the player going second is not.

I quite like the idea, as it means both players get at least one chance to move before deep strikers can land all around them, and it adds a little bit of depth to the decision to go first or second.

I do like this as a possible balancing mechanic. And the game as a whole needs some of that surrounding first turn. I find it incredibly irksome that the first turn roll has such a strong sway over the outcome of the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Summary   Deep Strike Summary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Strike Summary
Page 1 of 1