THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mixing colours

Go down 
+3
Aroshamash
Preacher
trikk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
trikk
Hellion
trikk

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 16:37

Hey guys,

I`ve got a fluff question. Are the Wych Cults and Kabals seperate organisations? I`m painting my army and want to know if its fluff-ok to paint my kabals units and wych cult units in different colors?
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 17:33

Yup, from what we're told the Kabals and the Cults are normally seperate entities. So you the Kabal of the Black Heart, and on this particular raid they have secured support from the Cult of Strife, next week it might be the Cult of Strife is aiding the Obisidian Rose.

So its more than acceptable to paint your Kabalites and Wyches differently. My Kabal are a deep crimson whilst my wyches are purple so go wild.

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 13:46

They're seperate entities, although each Cult will usually have a "patron" Kabal that 'hires' it. As a direct fluff example, the Cult of Strife has the Kabal of the Black Heart as their patron, yet each of those have their own individual colour schemes.

Although, I'd probably suggest having the dominant colour of your Kabal as the spot-colour for the Cult, on the arm-bands and such, to show their allegiance to the Kabal, and to tie the army together. After all, they're seperate organisations, but they're still linked.

Wych
Nomic

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 18:02

Cults, Kabals and Covens, aswell as lesser groups like Incubi Shrines, Scourge Eyries and whatever you call a gathering of Mandrakes, are all separate entities so they can have different colour schemes. Cults are usually sponsored by onr or more Kabals, so they migth share some colours with their patrons, but can still have thir own colourscheme.

I've painted my Kabalite units with blue armour and black undersuits, while my Cult units have black armour and red undersuits. My wytches also all have blue hair to tie them in with the main colour of my Kabal. My Incubi and Scourges also have blue armbands or loincloths when aplicable.

CraftworldSpy
Slave
CraftworldSpy

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26 2011, 03:06

As with my Craftworlders, I'm willing to let fluff take a back seat to aesthetics, here. There's just something awesome about having a unified color scheme. At the very least, they should have colors in common. I am contemplating having my Wyches reverse my usual scheme - mostly bone with some crimson.
Back to top Go down
seether
Slave

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 01:23

For me, I've been contemplating having each individual kabalite squad being a slightly different color scheme. All of the squads would have the same primary color (green), but they'd be their own individual teams. Of course, my Incubi and Mandrakes (well no, Mandrakes will likely have green, too) will be different than the kabal they are working with.

I'll have to play around with a few different themes. Anyway, I see nothing wrong with painting your wyches/etc a different color scheme from the rest of your army.
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 03:21

When I combine two different painting schemes, the thing that unifies all the individual units together is the bases of the models. As long as your whole army is based the same way, a couple different paint colors should be ok.

Skaven Blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixing colours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing colours   Mixing colours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixing colours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background