THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Easy squad markings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Easy squad markings Empty
PostSubject: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2018, 07:25

I want to be able to differentiate between this squad of 5 kabalite warriors and that squad of 5 kabalites, and be able to field at least 8 differently marked squads as either 2 or 3 different kabals.  To put it plainly I need to develop 8 different schemes that have can be classified in as many different combinations as possible so that I can make it easy for my opponent to know which squad has which obsession without being hamstrung as to how many squads are committed to a particular grouping.  I can barely paint dots and lines so that's what I'm working with.  Help! pale and thank you master artisans! cheers I have available at least 3 different highlight paints (unless they've all dried up from the move).

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2018, 08:33

What i seen some people use and probably would work reasonably well, even though it might make switching groupings a bit harder is use the shoulder pads.

Changing with 3 colours and stripe (2 directions) and dot means it is quite easy to have 12 different squad markings ad another colour. If you want bigger squads you can still combine two squads with the same markings or the same base colour. Which also makes the splitting and varying obsessions easyer. Adding a second stripe/dot can also greatly increase your varying ability if you prefer to keep colours more uniform.

Another option I have seen is just paint the edge of shoulder plates/vehicles a different colour for each squad.

Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2018, 02:31

By far the easiest way to handle this, assuming you want the kabalites to all look he same, is to just paint the outside rim of the bases a different color.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2018, 04:54

To you both, thank you so much. It would be easier to do the bases, but I'm not sure yet how detailed I want my bases to be or if I'll be bothered by there being markings on them. Either way, both are helpful solutions, one of which I'm sure to use. Best to you both.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2018, 13:25

Even to keep bases more uniform, you can put a colored vertical line on the "back" of the base, that way your squad marking is generally facing you and it doesn't mess with the look of the army from the front for glamor shots.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2018, 14:24

Yep, just mark the bases, 1 solid stripe works great, it also helps that you can repaint that stripe if you needed to later.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy squad markings   Easy squad markings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy squad markings
Page 1 of 1