THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway Ravager

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 20:27

These are photos before the vehicle was painted, but below I've replied with current photos.

The model is almost fully painted, but is pretty much ready to show its face at any table.

This is a Raider kitbashed with a Cauldron of Blood, Dais of Destruction, Kabalites, and some bitz odds and ends.

The dais uses many of the arches from the Cauldron of Blood kit, and leaves behind the throne itself. The stairwell fits nearly perfectly with the Raider as is. Kabalites use Wych legs for added dynamism, but there are some good legs in the Kabalite kit that are dynamic and can work for this as well.
Webway Ravager 20180710

An old metal vulture...I think a Tomb Kings model, will serve as the hood ornament. The helmsman uses a Scourge head and a Hellion hellglaive, and previously served as a converted Incubus.
Webway Ravager 20180810

A Mandrake model has been sawed in half to appear to be emerging from the portal
Webway Ravager 20180811

Last edited by lcfr on Mon Sep 10 2018, 21:19; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 20:32

At the top of the stairs is a plastic icon from a fantasy aelf kit, probably the cauldron: a bleeding heart clasped within a clawed fist, very evocative of the Black Heart glyph.
Webway Ravager 20180812

A Razorwing Jetfighter Disintegrator has been used as a prow based weapon. The other two heavy weapons, carried by Kabalite hooligans hanging off the side, are magnetized with both darklight options as well as Splinter Rifles in the event I need this Ravager to function as a Raider.
Webway Ravager 20180813

To scale next to unmodified Ravagers. True Line of Sight is no friend of mine!
Webway Ravager 20180814

Last edited by lcfr on Mon Sep 10 2018, 20:54; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 20:34

Webway Ravager 20180815

Webway Ravager Receiv11

Webway Ravager Receiv10
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10 2018, 20:57

Webway Ravager 20180911

Webway Ravager 20180910

Webway Ravager 20180912

Webway Ravager 20180913

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 01:28

I really like it as a Raider, but as a Ravager I'm less sold.

It is just that it come off more as a transport than a gun boat. It would actually make for a fine Tantalus if you want!

But overall, a really cool conversion. You should be quite pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 17:01

I've got a bigger Tantalus conversion already in the works, but I may as well check the dimensions on this too. Good idea!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2018, 20:36

Silverglade wrote:
I really like it as a Raider, but as a Ravager I'm less sold.    

It is just that it come off more as a transport than a gun boat.   It would actually make for a fine Tantalus if you want!

This basically sums up my thoughts. It comes across as an Archon's personal chariot (basically another Archon's Dais of Destruction equivalent), rather than a dedicated Gunboat.

I was going to suggest that it could work as a Raider, if you had a Kabalite squad with a Heavy Weapon inside . . . and then i realised that this would prevent you having an Archon on board. Evil or Very Mad

Regardless, the model looks absolutely fantastic. I really love the emerging Mandrake and what I'm assuming is a converted Archon at the prow. The throne itself works really well and I applaud the manner in which you attached it to the Ravager hull.

Really splendid work.

Sponsored content

Webway Ravager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webway Ravager   Webway Ravager I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway Ravager
Page 1 of 1