THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?

Go down 
+3
Mikoneo
GreyArea
amishprn86
7 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? Empty
PostSubject: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2018, 17:59

Wych unit in Ynnari detachment (full wych detachment) taking the traits Cult of Strife.

Make your charge vs 2 units (declare 2+ units that is), gain +1 attack, with +1 Str drug, and use the Blacklash Str for an addition +1str drug on a 10man unit. Having now 30 S5 base attacks, Suc near for re-roll 1's.

Kill the 1st unit use Soulbrust to fight again, but also spendind 2 CP's to fight again via No Method of Death Stratagem.

In theory this sounds like a good way to completely remove MSU of bubble wrap, and the ability to Pile in/consolidate up to 3 times.

Has anyone tried this yet? Also i know when its the players turn the declare how a sequence will work, did you find its better to declare the Strat 1st or the Soulburst? It might matter, idk if it does, or did you do it a difference way?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2018, 10:30

Can you take obsessions with ynnari? I thought you lost them when you take your drukhari in a ynnari detachment.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2018, 12:22

You don't get the obsession benefits, but you still get the <wych cult> key word to change into strife
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2018, 14:21

Yeah thats correct forgot, but you can still use the stratagem, not the obsession it self, either way, you could still get 3 attacks.

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 03:55

where does it say that drukhari lose their obsessions? I've seen Ynnari lists that incorporated craftworld attributes, but maybe that was too long ago... I thought Drukhari only lost Power from Pain when they went Ynnari.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2018, 14:46

Tounguekutter, it's in the errata for index:xenos 1
Back to top Go down
drynwyn
Slave
drynwyn

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2019, 06:27

I've run a list like this- I love my Wyches and I'm always experimenting with Cult stuff.

With respect to sequencing: The way my group decided to interpret it was that you had to declare the stratagem at the first kill, or kill another thing with the Soulburst attack. We didn't allow Soulburst and then deciding to use the strategem or not, so order didn't matter (the rationale was that you can choose to order effects, but the Stratagem declaration can only happen when something is killed, which we took to mean 'after something is killed, but before any other things').

With respect to effectiveness: It's a strong attack sequence, especially if you Webway Portal a big Wych squad in. It's straight up unfair in low-point games, because it gives you such a strong alpha strike. And yes, it can remove MSU bubblewrap quite handily. It would make for a nice complement to a buffed scatterbike detachment, I think.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2019, 13:29

Oh this is old, Ynnari Solitaire does it better, he can 4 rounds of combat. Then with Skyweavers able to shoot twice, etc.. I always take CWE ynnari and Quins ynnari now.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2019, 21:40

amishprn86 wrote:
Oh this is old, Ynnari Solitaire does it better, he can 4 rounds of combat. Then with Skyweavers able to shoot twice, etc.. I always take CWE ynnari and Quins ynnari now.

How does the Solitaire get four rounds? Normal attack, soulburst, the War Dancers strat... what's the fourth?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2019, 10:35

When it dies, bc your opponent is going to kill it after you just attacked 3x lol. Remember once you kill 1 thing the SfD and Stratagem both trigger, thats 2 pile ins (not at the same time) and 2 consolidates, so you have good movement to lock a 2nd or 3rd unit up in combat.

So for more CP you can fight again, as long as they dont fallback to far (it shouldnt be a problem tho)

Honestly, im very worried about new assassin rules.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2019, 13:59

Ah right, I blanked on the Midnight Sorrow strat. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 19:28

I have done this with reaver jetbikes and the cult of strife. Quite nasty Very Happy

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?   In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In theory Wyches can attack 3x, anyone tried this yet?
Page 1 of 1