THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

242 Attack Wych Bomb?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

242 Attack Wych Bomb? Empty
PostSubject: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 17:51

So after hearing about 20 man wych squads webwaying in and causing havoc, I asked myself "just how much havoc could they create?"

It appears that one 20 person squad of wyches can do 242 attacks in hand to hand in a single turn.

242 Attack Wych Bomb? OddDentalChupacabra-size_restricted

I may have to try this... you know, for educational purposes.

can you see the look on your opponents face when you just pull out a 5 gallon bucket of dice to roll?

And for those of you wondering how...

2 attacks base.
1 for hektari blade
1 for cult of strife
1 for +1 A drug
1 for hyperstimm backlash

that is 6 attacks per wych. 20 man squad (with champion) = 121 attacks.

Strife strategem to attack twice = 242 attacks in a single turn.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 20:04

only if they wipe a unit
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 20:28

Also worth bearing in mind that in most cases giving Wyches +1 A and +1 S (through either Strife/Grave Lotus or Blade/Adrenalight) will lead to the best damage output, even if it doesn't involve quite as many dice!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 20:40

Yeah, on paper is sounds might potent, that's a boatload of attacks that's going to overwhelm most things they aren't wounding on 6s. However, that's ignoring how difficult delivery of that unit is. Even with rerolls, making a 9" charge from deep strike is not something that can be relied on. If you fail that charge, you're massive wych bomb is a sitting duck and will get torn apart easily by shooting. Sure it's not a super expensive unit, wyches are relatively well priced but it is a lot of pts to chance on maybe making that charge.

I actually think if you wanted to make wych bombs work, I'd consider footslogging, something crazy like 80 wyches on the field. You'd really want to run cursed blade though, ignoring moral is big on those 20 strong squads. Would that list actually work? In many matchups probably not, but I've always thought wych spam like that would be an interesting possibility, though I don't have nearly enough wyches to try that.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 21:06

A while back I knew some people were experimenting with an 80 Wych deep strike bomb using Ynnari - if you have a Wych Cult detachment and an Ynnari one, then you can use two different deep strike stratagems on your Wyches. This obviously needs a pretty heavy CP investment but your odds of at least one out of the four successfully making a charge afterwards are quite good, so there's some potential there on paper.

Haven't heard or seen much about it since quite soon after the Ynnari rework, though, so I'm guessing it's something that doesn't really work out in practice.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 22:31

I would definetly be more inclined to try a wych bomb if you have multiple units deep striking to at least increase your chances of getting at least one unit of wyches into melee to tie anything up that could shoot them. I might even be willing to give that a shot in a pure DE list with just 40 wyches, that's at least a second chance to get one unit into melee. Will it possibly fail horribly in some games? Sure, but could be something fun to try out.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2019, 03:31

This was already a thing in old Ynnari, so it should still work in non-ynnari. I have tried it a couple times and for sure i like Cursed Blade better, yes its less attacks, but the +1 str works out for the better wounding on 4+ compare to 5+, or 3+ compare to 4+ works out better b.c its 16% better chance on ALL attacks and not just +1 attack.

40 attacks hitting on 2+ is 35 hits, wounding on 4+ is 17.5
32 attacks hitting on 2+ is 28 hits, wounding on 3+ is 18.67

But when its against T5+ sure then attacks are better, but against high toughness i always used something else like my Grots.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 242 Attack Wych Bomb?   242 Attack Wych Bomb? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

242 Attack Wych Bomb?
Page 1 of 1