THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

I'm in trouble...

Go down 
+17
Rangrok1k
speedfreek
Archon
depayen
Nomic
a1elbow
Archon Farath Mure
Sky Serpent
Todo13
Torpedo Vegas
Radium
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
killfrenzy
shadow hunter
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

I'm in trouble... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:43

Before you make an $80.00 decision, play a few games using the Shredders. I swear I get far more wounds out it even without and AP value, and often can do damage to light vehicles with it too.

If you must have the blasters, I would definately go with the conversion option. I have seen some excellent conversions, I think on Warseer, and at Adepticon, where, at a glance, I did not notice it was a conversion.

I don't know what your time-table looks like but I'm sure I can come up with a few Blasters to trade, if you really need some. I don't plan on using any of them!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 18:07

If we talk about conversions - try using old Warrior Splintell Cannons.

I'm in trouble... - Page 2 40kMC__Dark_Eldar_Warrior_by_thatguyjames

Just cut away "spiky" barrel and handles, glue them like they would be rifles and they should look a little like new (You may sculpt +++--- on barrel or attach end from Blast Pistol)

I'm in trouble... - Page 2 100_2496

I plan to do so with mine.

Also try Scourges box. There is Blaster and Blast Pistol.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:56

I was originally going to do that, but found that it didn't work. The way I did mine was just cut off the barrel of a Shredder or a Splinter Rifle and glue a blast pistol head in. For the "sawn off" Lannces I did exacly as it sounds, cut off the barrel after the DL's darklight chamber (and didn't attach the tripod of the powerpack).

speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 09:31

I've made extra blasters by using disintegrators and regular splinter rifles.
I'm in trouble... - Page 2 IMG_0343
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:40

They work well
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 11:56

Hey, someone managed to make DC useful!

Give this guy freaking medal!

I'm in trouble... - Page 2 Gold_medal
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 12:15

DC?
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 12:17

Disintegrator (Cannon)
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 12:19

Yes... They were good alternative to Dark Lances (plasmacannon shot), now Mr T. pity them (IMHO they can be useful on "kamikaze" Raiders and flyers).
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 12:36

Does no-one use a ravager with 3 dissies?

I have been tempted, as I fight blood angels (death company) and will soon face grey knights (lots of termies)

In my gaming group we are not so much mechanised, so I dont need to worry too much about anti-tank weapons.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 12:52

shadow hunter wrote:
Does no-one use a ravager with 3 dissies?

I have been tempted, as I fight blood angels (death company) and will soon face grey knights (lots of termies)

In my gaming group we are not so much mechanised, so I dont need to worry too much about anti-tank weapons.
If I'm gonna field dissies, I'd rather have them on a razorwing with a splinter cannon.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 13:23

I've not used the flyer yet. Waiting for the model. I will probably try that with dissies too though.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 13:52

I think that Venom with 2 SC have similar killing power to 3 Dis Ravager while beeing cheaper...

On Flyers - yes if You 't want to use them for killing infantry only.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 15:15

If MEQ are out of cover each disintegrator has the same average kills as a Venom.
(two hits wounding on 3+) (four wounds through armour 3+) both = 4/3
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 16:54

I've fielded a razorwing with Necrotoxin missiles and no dissies, took all it's payload to kill a squad of Blood Angels Honor Guard. We need that AP2, having tons of poisoned shooting as the defualt Anti-MEQ option ins't an effective use of the resources available to the army.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:55

I used Disintegrators every now and then. While yes, you can have two Splinter Cannons on a Venom, said Venom cannot hold enough Kabalite Warriors to have a Splinter Cannon on the Warriors. In some of the larger games, I swap out the Dark Lance on the Raiders for some additional Anti-Infantry punch. They really help when you have a friend who likes to Deep-Strike Chaos Terminators...

In addition, Disintegrators are great on Razorwing Jetfighters.

Finally, I have used a Ravager with 3x Disintegrators in a Combat Patrols game of 400 points. They took down about 4 Blood Crushers, 3 Jetbikes and a handful of Necron Warriors.

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:58

I want to do a Combat patrol game with 3 Dissie Ravagers and a squad of Warriors. Let them try and get to me. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 08:01

I'll have to get his full list but a guy at my club who always top 3s the local tournies runs 2 ravs with lances and 1 with dissies. With about 6 raiders.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 08:13

I often have 2 Rav's with 3 DL's each, and 3-4 Raiders all with Dissies. Fine for most things I see walking around and light armour, and I love the extra shots.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 18:45

speedfreek wrote:
I've made extra blasters by using disintegrators and regular splinter rifles.
I'm in trouble... - Page 2 IMG_0343
That's an actual blaster on the left and the conversion in the middle?
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 18:48

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 19:01

It actually look kinda like Shredder, but without those two "hooks" behind nozzle... Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Despiciens
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 17:44

I'm lucky since I use shredders in my warrior squads I have 8 blasters left over from scourge and warrior sprues which is just enough for 2 blasterborn squads should I ever want to try them out.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 19:21

Or trade them to Xelkireth? Maybe? Huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 19:34

Dream on, Xel - blasters are some heavy stuff!

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm in trouble...   I'm in trouble... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm in trouble...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next