THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Basing Scheme Needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tuC0M
Slave
tuC0M

Basing Scheme Needed Empty
PostSubject: Basing Scheme Needed   Basing Scheme Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2018, 01:42

Hi all, looking for some feedback on a basing scheme that will look good against this armor color. Going for Kabal of the Dying Sun with the blue/red. I like the various basing options in the white dwarf pages you've probably seen posted before. Maybe some kind of yellowish dirt color? Is that enough contrast? Thanks!

Basing Scheme Needed Aviary10
Back to top Go down
tuC0M
Slave
tuC0M

PostSubject: Re: Basing Scheme Needed   Basing Scheme Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2018, 01:43

FYI this is my first painted mini so appreciate any C&C on the painting as well.
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Basing Scheme Needed   Basing Scheme Needed I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2018, 04:30

This is an excellent first miniature!
I would use armageddon sand as a start, and drybrush it with a bone color.
Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Basing Scheme Needed   Basing Scheme Needed I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2018, 13:21

Couple of possible variants. Since the model is in deep blue, a reddish brown or brownish gray base would look quite well. Key with bases is always to provide a complementary scene - you want the miniature to "pop" on that terrain, even if you're going with camouflage type pattern. A yellow base would provide contrast, but it would draw the eye to the base first. Since your model is quite dark, you'd also want to keep the base rather dark to not overwhelm it, so with either a Mars type terrain or a gray cliff-like terrain, you'd do well to wash them down with a darker brown wash.

I suggest a simple technique - if possible, gently separate that model from the base, then make two bases or so, each with their different terrain type, then go with the one that works the best for you. It is very important that you like that base enough to do your whole army that way.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basing Scheme Needed   Basing Scheme Needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basing Scheme Needed
Page 1 of 1