THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
feti guap
Hellion
feti guap

3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge Empty
PostSubject: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2018, 23:16

Wanted to get your opinion on running haywire scourge squads with a blaster tossed in. (if you have the pts)

I think its an additional 9pts...

Some negatives would be:
reducing your target DS range
maybe less consistency targeting vehicles

Positives would be:
better at shooting some tougher models or troops
potential for higher total dmg from one weapon

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16 2018, 23:31

Why? HWB are good at AT, Blasters are a mix of AT/MC, but HWB are also mix of AI, so just keep it as 4 HWB's.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 15:10

You can have blaster from everywhere in the codex. For a kabal, the only source of haywire blaster is the scourge. use 4 haywire.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 15:49

dumpeal wrote:
You can have blaster from everywhere in the codex. For a kabal, the only source of haywire blaster is the scourge. use 4 haywire.

This used to be my view as well, especially with Haywire being quite cheap.

However, after finding myself facing a few different armies with no vehicles at all (first Tyranids, then Tau, then I think there was something else), I found that those points I invested in Haywire really hurt.

I'm wondering whether I'd be better off arming my Scourges with Blasters, which are more expensive but also a lot more consistent.

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 18:46

Depends on what you do with them. Mine die instantly so it’s not worth it to me. If you have CP and are willing to use fire and fade then it might be worth the heavy investment

Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 22:03

Scourge seems to be a rather expensive platform for darklight weapons. As RedRegicide says, the main question is what you want to do with them. Your scourge squad will only live for 1 turn. If you put blaster on them, that mean you want to deep strike and surgically kill an annoying opponent. If that's not what you want to do, look for other platforms. Kabalites are cheap and mandatory. Archons can have a blaster, with the index rules. Raiders and ravagers can have a good number of disintegrators (or lances, if you like single high-damage shots.)
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2018, 23:46

dumpeal wrote:
Scourge seems to be a rather expensive platform for darklight weapons.

I don't disagree. Unfortunately, I'm rather short on efficient Darklight platforms at the moment, so I'm having to make do with the models I own.

[quote="dumpeal"]As RedRegicide says, the main question is what you want to do with them. Your scourge squad will only live for 1 turn. If you put blaster on them, that mean you want to deep strike and surgically kill an annoying opponent. /quote]

That is indeed the idea.

dumpeal wrote:
If that's not what you want to do, look for other platforms. Kabalites are cheap and mandatory. Archons can have a blaster, with the index rules. Raiders and ravagers can have a good number of disintegrators (or lances, if you like single high-damage shots.)

I already take Blasters on Kabalites (and sometimes Archons, too) but it never feels like enough Blasters. Razz

feti guap
Hellion
feti guap

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2018, 01:55

Soulless Samurai wrote:
dumpeal wrote:

This used to be my view as well, especially with Haywire being quite cheap.

However, after finding myself facing a few different armies with no vehicles at all (first Tyranids, then Tau, then I think there was something else), I found that those points I invested in Haywire really hurt.

I'm wondering whether I'd be better off arming my Scourges with Blasters, which are more expensive but also a lot more consistent.  

This is where I'm looking for more coverage but I don't want to commit the whole squad. Is the 9pt difference worth it to be able to come in and take a pot shot if need be. And  you do have higher damage potential Twisted Evil shooting at vehicles too which is what the haywire want to be doing.

edit: on a single scourge in the squad

PostSubject: Re: 3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge   3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Haywires and a Blaster - Scourge
Page 1 of 1