THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transport question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2019, 20:01

I'm probably missing a rule or something here, but could you theoretically have a <coven> raider that had <kabal> warriors riding inside?

Just thinking along the lines of having a haemonculus buff the vehicle to T6 but still have the kaballites shooting from inside.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2019, 23:30

Yeah that's perfectly legal, the common strategy is to take your transports in a Black Heart Spearhead so that they get the 6+++ since the spearhead having 4 units (Archon 3× Ravager) unlocks 4 dedicated transport slots.
It's worth noting it does lock you out of a few things like stratagems (Red Grief one only works on Red Grief Transports) and I think they FAQ'd it so that Flayed Skull only get their reroll 1s if they're embarked on a Flayed Skull transport. If they didn't and I made that up, flayed skull kabalites in black heart venoms is probably the best combo since a 6+++ and reroll 1s to wound and hit with writ of the muse on your vehicles is better than anything else on offer, t5 is a great toughness to be at as most small arms are wounding on 5s but you're not quite tough enough to be a valid target for the Heavy guns like lascannons, autocannon have a field day though and wouldn't really be affected by the +1T a haemonculus provides.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2019, 03:41

Yeah, they did FAQ it, cheers though, might pull some of those tactics one day.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27 2019, 11:24

Yes you can.
However:
1. You can only take <COVEN> Transports if you take <COVEN> units. You can however put <KABAL> units in them once you've taken them though.
2. You of course would need those <COVEN> units to be in a different Detachment to the <KABAL>, because if they're in the same, you don't get an Obsession.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 17:09

Can I put my Archon with my Succubus and a 5-man Wych unit in the same raider?

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 20:01

Yep

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 16:24

@Sacron thank you! And here I thought it was too good to be true!

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2019, 17:02

Tounguekutter wrote:
@Sacron thank you!  And here I thought it was too good to be true!

While good, there are a few restrictions in the faqs. Like that you need to be from flayed skull if you want to benefit from the flayed skull shooting bonus the transport gives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transport question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transport question   Transport question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transport question
Page 1 of 1