THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted

Go down 
+9
Dalamar
Burnage
Nogrim
Lord Asvaldir
Gorgon
Count Adhemar
Elfric
Sarcron
Jimsolo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2019, 16:36

What we need is the "Mirror of Minds" power that was stolen by the GSC and replaced with its inferior replica. I still cannot believe that they gave that power to a LD 10(12) psyker and took it away from our LD 8 shadowseer.

I have been trying to make this work since the April last year and it is rough going. I will try to find my last build and post it later.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2019, 18:44

That gsc power is unbalanced as it currently stands. It should not be able to be used on vehicles, as shown by tabletop tactics. In a freakshow list it would be downright broken, as you could instakill a knight or even a titan with little trouble by doing literally infinite mortal wounds. As cool as it would be, aeldari have too much that affects leadership. Gsc right now, excluding any new tricks in their codex, only have 2 ways to lower leadership across gsc/nids/guard, being the horror and a jormamgundr relic.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2019, 19:48

That means that on a 2V2 game, if we side with a GSC, we can provide the debuf, and the GSC player can provide the kill
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2019, 05:04

We can't ally with GSC in most events though, can we?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2019, 05:09

In most 2v2 games I've seen they just pair people up with whoever and not care about the faction requirements. (Mind you that is when there is 2 players each on a team)

Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2019, 05:20

I mean... Narrative-wise, we could claim stuff went down with the planet PoF brought into orbit of Commorragh

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2019, 23:12

So I finally got a game in since this thread using my freakshow list and beat some emperor's children using the new daemonkin box set. It was fun, though the freakshow aspect didn't get to shine as much as I would've liked.

Take aways:
Only running a farseer, warlock, and hemlock is not as much psychic potential as it looks on paper. Doom did not go off all game, mind war went off twice for 1 mortal wound each time (poor rolling on my part).

New obliterators hate alaitoc planes. Crimson hunter exarch was forewarned, killed one before it shot (2cp to kill 115pts), and the hemlock killed two in one shot the next shooting phase (jinxed them first)

Shadow specters are great. Killed some oblits, cultists, and a captain. Irrilyth makes the freakshow aspect work better, though I think he's slightly too expensive, 20 pts or so.

My pgl raiders died without torment grenades going off. I don't think I really missed them. Might just have been how the game turned out but with everything else having negs to hit they got blasted away.

Wracks are great in combat. Even with only a 5++ they were reliable at killing chaff.

Talos had a big target painted on them. I brought 2 and they got eaten by a maulerfiend, but it didn't help that I didn't put enough firepower into it and left it on 1 wound.

All in all I don't think I'll change anything in the list except wargear on my haemys and try again. It's fun to play and no one expects it to work that well.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 13:07

Interesting experience with Wracks. I had a couple bad games with them at the top of 8e and stopped using them. I'll definitely give them another go.

The Talos observation is extremely useful too. I like units that attract more attention than they're due.

That's all really useful, though! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 13:54

Gorgon wrote:
Take aways:
Only running a farseer, warlock, and hemlock is not as much psychic potential as it looks on paper. Doom did not go off all game, mind war went off twice for 1 mortal wound each time (poor rolling on my part).

This must have been some really bad rolling. Were you taking advantage of Seer Council and Runes of the Farseer?
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 15:01

I used seer council once, and used the runes. Anytime I was able to cast doom it got denied. I had some bad luck casting, but my denying was fantastic, so it was an alright trade off.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 07:04

In this thread and another, I've seen people mention Mirror of Minds being nerfed or sucking.

Can someone tell me where that is? I'm looking at Mirror of Minds in the Harlequin 'dex and it looks pretty solid. I don't see any FAQs on it, either.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 10:18

No, the GSC Mental Onslaught was nerf, its basically the same thing but better.. much better.

It is (not word for word) Mental Onslaught - WC6, you and your opponent rolls 1D6 and adds their LD, if you are higher yo deal 1 MW, if you did a MW in this way do this again.

GSC can make you -3LD and they are LD10 with a +1LD (so a total of 4LD apart) most things are LD8 or 9 outside of Daemons and Necrons, 90% the time it is a LD6 vs GSC LD11 that is a 5 difference, you need to roll a 1 and they need to roll a 6 for it to fail, you can CP re-roll you 1 if they rolled a 6. 2 of the -2's i believe are not powers.

It is an infinite MW bomb (well a 1/62 to fail), now if the opponent rolls a 6 on the roll off it auto fails.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 11:28

Jimsolo wrote:
In this thread and another, I've seen people mention Mirror of Minds being nerfed or sucking.

Can someone tell me where that is? I'm looking at Mirror of Minds in the Harlequin 'dex and it looks pretty solid. I don't see any FAQs on it, either.

The nerf is compared to previous editions. In the 7th edition Codex, Mirror of Minds worked like Mental Onslaught does now - going from a leadership-based roll-off to an equal roll-off makes it substantially less effective (and mathematically worse than Smite).

It's also why you see some players still thinking that Mirror of Minds takes leadership into account.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2019, 19:12

Yep, that'd be it. I read the damn thing like 4 times and was still thinking you add Ld.
Back to top Go down
newtonEmma
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2019, 16:16

Nice list I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted   Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freakshow 8e: Community advice wanted
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2