THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions

Go down 
+2
Jimsolo
TavernerHedris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TavernerHedris
Slave
TavernerHedris

Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions Empty
PostSubject: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2019, 08:02

Hey all, got some newbie questions after playing this weekend.

Reavers are listed as "Armed with a Splinter Pistol and rides a Reaver Jetbike equipped with a Splinter Rifle and Bladevines"

Should i of be shooting with the Rifles AND Pistols during my shooting phase?

Also with Wyches, they are listed with Pistols, blades and 'nades.

I asked to see if an entire unit could lob 'nades but was told only 1 could use them.
if every figure has them, why can only 1 use them?

And finaly (for now), Scourges can do a Winged Strike plopping them wherever on the battlefeild. i remember reading on another tactic guide that people tend to drop them in, take shots and then have them drop back again. i cant see this as a legal move in the codex so wondering if this is an old rules thing or im just missing something obvious.

Cheers in advance!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/tavernerhedris/
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2019, 13:10

Models with ranged weapons can shoot all of them...UNLESS they are shooting grenades or pistols. They can choose to shoot all the non-pistol weapons they have, OR their pistol. So the Reavers can either shoot their bike's splinter rifle or their pistol each time they shoot.

Only one model per squad can throw a grenade each time they fire. Why? Because the rules say so. (I don't get it either.)

I don't think Scourges can drop in, shoot, and move in the same turn without using a Stratagem (although there are Strats that do that, I believe).
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2019, 16:45

TavernerHedris wrote:

And finaly (for now), Scourges can do a Winged Strike plopping them wherever on the battlefeild. i remember reading on another tactic guide that people tend to drop them in, take shots and then have them drop back again. i cant see this as a legal move in the codex so wondering if this is an old rules thing or im just missing something obvious.

Drop in from deepstrike
Shoot.
Play "fire and fade" strategem to have them drop back.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2019, 19:00

Thats prohibited by FAQ now
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 12:01

1. If a model fires a Pistol, then it can ONLY fire the Pistol. Other weapons it can fire all of. So Reavers with Rifles and Pistols can't fire both in the Shooting Phase. But it means they can fire their Pistols whilst within 1" of an enemy unit (in close combat).
  2. Only one model in a unit can use a Grenade each Phase. It sucks. Every figure has them though so that there is always someone in the unit who can throw a Grenade.
  3. Pop in, shoot and pop out is by using the Fire And Fade Stratagem.

Unless.....
Gizamaluke wrote:

Is it? Haven't read that.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 14:42

Squidmaster wrote:

1. If a model fires a Pistol, then it can ONLY fire the Pistol. Other weapons it can fire all of. So Reavers with Rifles and Pistols can't fire both in the Shooting Phase. But it means they can fire their Pistols whilst within 1" of an enemy unit (in close combat).
  2. Only one model in a unit can use a Grenade each Phase. It sucks. Every figure has them though so that there is always someone in the unit who can throw a Grenade.

Unless.....
Gizamaluke wrote:

Any stratagem and special rule that add movement after deep strike is not allowed anymore.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 14:47

dumpeal wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:

Unless.....
Gizamaluke wrote:

Any stratagem and special rule that add movement after deep strike is not allowed anymore.

Where is that?
And are you sure it doesn;t only apply to the Movement Phase?
Fire And Fade would happen in a different Phase, like Twilight Pathways and Charging.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2019, 06:23

For some reason I didn't think the FAQ would apply to fire and fade. I guess because I was thinking of it as moving back, rather than towards the opponent.

But here is the FAQ referred to that prohibits it. (It is under the reinforcements section of the FAQ for the main rules)

Q: Can such a unit move or Advance for any other reason e.g. because of an ability such as The Swarmlord’s Hive Commander ability, or because of a psychic power such as Warptime from the Dark Hereticus discipline, or because of a Stratagem like Metabolic Overdrive from Codex: Tyranids, etc.? A: No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions   Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taverner Hedris's stupid newbie Questions
Page 1 of 1