THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ichor Goblin log

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Ichor Goblin log   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01 2011, 12:17

Today i purchased the battleforce and got started on building my first model, the archon.

I've had the idea for him in mind for ages now and finally i got a chance to build him. Scratch built using the torso and spikes of the classic warriors, blaster pistol arm, blaster pistol barrel, blaster and legs from the new warriors (the barrel forms the center of the sword), razorflail left arm from the wyches, large spike and center blade from the raiders, treasure chest lid from the mordheim accessories sprue and a head from the reavers.

Some part of him do look a bit wonky, and sadly his pose isn't that dynamic, but at least i managed to make his nine bladed power sword.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG05251

Ichor Goblin log CIMG05331

Ichor Goblin log CIMG05351
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Warriors Squad 1   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:34

It's been a while since i last put something in this log, but that's because i've been waiting for a few models to arrive in the post (you'll notice them as the unpainted metal ones).

Anyway, i'll begin with showing the first warriors squad i've created, which i made right after my archon.

To start off my army i bought the battleforce as well as the apocalypse special box that had a unit of old warriors and an old raider together. I pretty much mixed and matched between both the old and new warriors, although alot of it is hard to see since it's all undercoated. I'll put up new pics of these guys after they're painted.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0537

And since i'm using a mounted army they'll be going around in this raider.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0541
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Squad 2   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:37

In addition to the larger 10 model squad i'll also have a smaller 5 model squad in a venom, pretty much to be an objective grabber.

The venom they use is actually supposed to be for a wych squad, but right now i don't have another venom or enough wyches to make said squad, so it's theirs for now.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0547
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Wych squad 1   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:40

This is my first wych squad, pretty standard stuff. Their raider is one of the old ones that i added a flag to and some of those beginner box skeletons to the front. I plan to do a bit more converting to it to make it look more impressive, including giving it the enhanced aethersails, so that model in particular is still a WIP.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0544-1
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Incubi   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:43

You may have noticed by now that my undercoating is somewhat unfinished on alot of these models, that's because i ran out of paint when i tried to undercoat them all at once. I decided i'll finish the job when i actually get around to painting them.

Anyway, this is my incubi squad, along with their venom, nothing exactly special here though.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0539
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:48

This is my harlequins, which was actually part of the first things i bought for my army, the troupe box and the death jester.

I plan to do a rainbow and gold colour scheme with them. The unpainted model on the far left just arrived yesterday, it's one of the old original harlequin models (with a powerfist for some reason). I was just waiting on that one model to update the log.

Oh, i forgot to mention this earlier, but i've just been spray painting the bases white because i think it looks cool, as well as makes the model easier to identify while it's undercoated/before it's based. Also, for the death jester, i VEEEEEEERY gingerly gave him a light spraying with skull white to make that kind of snowy effect thing.

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0543
Back to top Go down
ZaGstrike
Slave
ZaGstrike

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Reavers 1   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 00:52

My first completed group of reavers. I got half of these (as well as the unpainted venom) after my first match when i had a better understanding on how to play DE and the kind of style i was comfortable with, ie: BLADEVANE AND CLUSTER CALTROPS.

It's mostly the usual stuff, with one of the reavers given some extra detail in an arm from the raider sprue and that infamous old DE head with the ultra-punk hair do. I figured having that on a reaver was probably the most justifiable use of it without breaking several laws of physics (although in commorragh i guess it's safe to assume that most of the high fashion their probably does anyway).

Ichor Goblin log CIMG0550
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ichor Goblin log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ichor Goblin log   Ichor Goblin log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ichor Goblin log
Page 1 of 1