THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mismatch Grotesque kit

Go down 
+4
Nogrim
Ragnos
Da-Rock
RedRegicide
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Mismatch Grotesque kit Empty
PostSubject: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 21:01

Hey guys, if you could combine any parts from various kits to be sold as the new grotesque kit, what parts would you include?

I used Crypt Horror bodies, talos masks, viles, and the gauntlet. What have other people found useful?

Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2019, 23:57

I am in the middle of this issue as I want to play some Grotesques, but their price is insane.  The other options within Games Workshop are almost as expensive.

I do agree that the helmets and parts from the Talos are great, but as a completed model that looks great, I would go with Privateer Presses Brute Thrall:

Brute Thrall

Currently I invested in 15 Wraithguard/Blades and I love them more than most Eldar/Drukhari kits, but they don't look Drukhari enough. I have decided to add spikey bits and chains to then along with a paint job. I will use them as Shadow Wraith with the Grotesque stats and build etc.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 00:01

Nice, that's a sweet idea. Did you get the wraith from start collecting or just buy them as a box? Just check their price s pretty good, 12/model

Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 08:39

I also use bodies from Ogryn as they look beefier than crypt horrors. Then I stick anything I can salvage from wracks and talos to them.
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 15:54

RedRegicide wrote:
Nice, that's a sweet idea. Did you get the wraith from start collecting or just buy them as a box? Just check their price s pretty good, 12/model

5 of them were from that. I modified the Wraithlord to be able to use it as a Drukhari Wraithlord or Talos if needed. (Bladed him up etc)
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2019, 19:26

that brute thrall looks amazing, i feel like it almost makes more sense to have the grotesques a Hodge podge of different models to reflect their construction from corpses and prisoners, sort of how the orks salvage vehicles.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2019, 15:59

Brute thrall is only a few dollars cheaper, but i guess it adds up?

Ouu I like that idea - real Frankenstein monster looking

Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2019, 16:09

I copied these, Blighted Ogrun Warspears with Talos parts. They're fine if your store allows 3rd party models but not tournament legal I think.

Mismatch Grotesque kit Grotes11
Mismatch Grotesque kit Grotes10
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2019, 16:11

They look really good and clock in at $9 for the base model. Nice.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 18:36

Yeah my first Grots were Warspear conversions but I wasn't happy with them so I ended up with the now-traditional crypt horror/talos conversions, which I love.

borkdabasher
Slave
borkdabasher

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2019, 18:44

i'm really looking forward to converting up my grotesques. big horde of 9 planned using crypt horrors, talos bits and an extensive raid on my bitz box for anything that looks like it'll fit. GW's single grotesque is an awful miniature and totally useless as it exists in only one pose.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2019, 01:14

I just formed a green stuff head on the ghoul body, rather than attaching the mask to the ghoul head. What did you guys do?

Slave
SenpaiCage

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03 2019, 18:08

These all look amazing! I'm also quite displeased with how expensive Grotesques and Talos are but I would really love to run them in my lists.

PostSubject: Re: Mismatch Grotesque kit   Mismatch Grotesque kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mismatch Grotesque kit
Page 1 of 1