THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Auras and Ynnari

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2019, 21:59

Diving into the Ynnari, my initial impression was the the HQ auras of the various Aeldari factions would overlap to other Aeldari units. For instance, the -1 wound aura that a shadowseer would normally grant <masque> infantry would extend to a unit of Ynnari wraithblades.

I swear the playtesters on the Splintermind Podcast discussed it as if that were the case too (I need to go back and re-listen), but re-reading the rules it seems pretty cut and dry that it doesn't work that way.

Everything in a Ynnari detachment does get the Ynnari keyword and thus can benefit from all the stratagems, psychic powers, relics, and warlord traits, but that has nothing to do with their auras.

The relevant bit for the auras is "In addition, all Ynnari units replace every instance of <craftworld>, <kabal>, <wych cult>, and <masque> on their data sheet with the appropriate keyword from the table below.

<craftworld>=Reborn Asuryani
<kabal>=Reborn Drukhari
<wych cult>=Reborn Drukhari
<masque>=Reborn Harlequin
"

It seems clear from this that the only aura sharing this opens up is succubi granting re-roll 1s to Kabal units, and archons granting re-roll 1s to wych units.

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2019, 22:35

sekac wrote:
It seems clear from this that the only aura sharing this opens up is succubi granting re-roll 1s to Kabal units, and archons granting re-roll 1s to wych units.

Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, this is how it works.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06 2019, 23:59

Hmm. Ynnari is considerably worse than I first thought. I've been running a Drukhari Ynnari brigade so it hasn't mattered yet, but damn. There's less reason to branch out now.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2019, 00:13

You are correct. Think of it more as Ynnari being a common Obsession/Craftworld that they can take.

That being said, I am loving being able to chuck a 10 girl wych squad in and running them hitting on 2+ with re-rolling 1's.

Ynnari is honestly better now than most people give it credit for. I have taken quite a number of opponents by surprise with them. We run a weekly 3-round tournament (1250, ITC), and the last 4 outing with them I ran Ynnari

DE/CWE: Took 3rd
Pure CWE: took 2nd
Pure DE: Took 1st
Pure Harlie: Took 3rd

What I have found to be is that they need to have good shooting with their assault. I have a lot more combinations of units and things to try, but I have seriously been enjoying them. True, they seem to benefit DE the least, yet it was surprisingly powerful. Being able to strike 1st, the psuedo doom, regen on units, super smites; all things DE are not quite used to having and while we certainly lose out on some other obsession benefits, there is quite a bit of tricks and tools to gain from Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2019, 00:55

Yep, i played Ynnari DE detachment as this

Archon - Hungering blade - WL trait (they get 2 for 1CP)
Yvraine
Kabal x5
Kabal x5
Wyches x20
Reavers x12
Venom x3

The Archon supported the Wyches and Reavers for turn 2

I also had CWE
Yncarne
Farseer on bike
Autarch Bike - Relic - WL trait
Rangers x5
Rangers x5
Guardians x10
Shining Spears x9

It was ok, the auras/spells works well, but the Archon didnt help to much, sure the re-roll 1's was nice but in the long turn it wasnt much.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auras and Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auras and Ynnari   Auras and Ynnari I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auras and Ynnari
Page 1 of 1