THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?

Go down 
+3
Archon_91
dumpeal
Hanga
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hanga
Hellion
Hanga

What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? Empty
PostSubject: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 13:22

I'm going to enter a Cult inspired drukhari list for play at my local store. I know a few players are spamming high toughness units such as grotesques and the sort with invul saves and lots of wounds. In a Cult list, what would you recommend me to invest a few hundred points into so I can deal with those types of threats?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 14:52

Poison
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 20:24

If you want to remain purely cult themed then jetfighters would be another good way to deal with them ... hellions with str or tough drugs might help too
Back to top Go down
Hanga
Hellion
Hanga

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 21:31

Archon_91 wrote:
If you want to remain purely cult themed then jetfighters would be another good way to deal with them ... hellions with str or tough drugs might help too

Indeed it seems like RWJF are the way to go in this regard. I have read on the forum that Hellions are a quite underwhelming (although cool) unit.

Perhaps a small detachment of kabals could work too. I always found that a close combat army is more fun than a shooty one, though.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 21:53

These sound like one of the very few units in the game against which Poison is actually worth a damn.

If you're using Cult, what about putting several units in Venoms?

False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2019, 04:58

Hanga wrote:
In a Cult list, what would you recommend me to invest a few hundred points into so I can deal with those types of threats?

Hellions, maybe?

The flyers are likely the most flexible, since Cults are really lacking in hard target killers.

Red Glaive Succubus with Grave Lotus could go far for a few points.
Back to top Go down
Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2019, 15:41

Hellions seem like perfectly suited for the job:

1) They bring shooty poison to deal with high T
2) They have high S multi damage HtH to deal with high T/multi wounds
3) They don't care if saves are armour or invulnerable

Their guns are assault 2 range 18" allowing you to pepper their slow grotesques from a safe distance. With a movement of 14 you can kite them all day long if you need/want.

When the time is right you shoot and assault:
one single Hellion with +1A drug inflicts precisely 1 wound in the shoot + CC phase against T6 4++Sv grotesques (before 6+++ saves).
investment: 14pts/wound

This can be further enhanced via power from pain (+1Hit turn 3+), Obsessions (Strife +1A), and the Helliarch having +1Attack

At the top of their performance a squad of 5 Hellions, Cult of Strife, turn 3, +1Attack Drug will dish out in a combined shooting and charging phase: 7.5 wounds against T6 4++Sv grotesques (before 6+++ save)
investment: 9.33pts/wound

Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2019, 15:36

I would agree that hellions are a strong contender here for all of the above. Also against DE who are mainly using poison for anti infantry fire the hellions only being T3 isnt that bad, nor is their 5+ save. Hellions for me are a great unit. But also one that if they die it just means my opponent attacked them and not one of my "stronger" units. I find 10 is a good number of hellions. And with the +1 A drug, the hyperstimm backlash strat can work wonders. Just remember you need to activate it at the start of the battle round
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 05:19

If they are a hard T5 then there is plenty of work for Clawed Fiends, Hellions with Grave Lotus, Disintegrators or any old S3 attack from Wychs. If they get up to T6, then it gets much worse. Your Wyches would need S4 to make any kind of dent and everything else I mentioned will suffer from 5+s to wound.

I am going to suggest something unorthodox and go with Reavers with Heat Lances and Agonizer. The intent is really to maneuver and kill the Haemonculus, ideally in the shooting phase. But, you could also choose for your Reaver unit to fight before any other units, kill the Haemonculus and deny the +1 Toughness for the rest of the Fight Phase.
Back to top Go down
Hanga
Hellion
Hanga

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 09:20

False Son wrote:
If they are a hard T5 then there is plenty of work for Clawed Fiends, Hellions with Grave Lotus, Disintegrators or any old S3 attack from Wychs.  If they get up to T6, then it gets much worse.  Your Wyches would need S4 to make any kind of dent and everything else I mentioned will suffer from 5+s to wound.

I am going to suggest something unorthodox and go with Reavers with Heat Lances and Agonizer.  The intent is really to maneuver and kill the Haemonculus, ideally in the shooting phase.  But, you could also choose for your Reaver unit to fight before any other units, kill the Haemonculus and deny the +1 Toughness for the rest of the Fight Phase.

This is some intelligent play tips, I like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?   What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is drukharis best weapon against high T high W spam?
Page 1 of 1