THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Counts as wracks?

Go down 
+3
cybogoblin
Siticus the Ancient
Archeonlotet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 04:55

I just picked up these to use as wracks in a wych coven/wannabe flesh carnival army.

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/Satyxis-Blood-Witches-Unit.png

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 05:28

I've had the idea of using some Cryx models in my DE army for some time, though I was looking into the Drudge Mind slaves that came with Cephalyx. The idea there being, the mind slaves were the wracks, while Cephalyx made for a very good looking haemonculus.

I must say though, they look quite good for role and aren't that big of a stretch models wise (modified bodies from DE point of view). I think it'll work quite nicely. Looking forward to see how it looks together with the rest of the army.

Last edited by Siticus the Ancient on Sun Dec 04 2011, 07:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 07:15

It may be quite some time before I start getting anything painted. The people in my gaming group make it a point to laugh at me for how long I drag my feet on painting my models.

If I do actually get anything done, I'll be happy to post some pics Smile
Back to top Go down
cybogoblin
Slave
cybogoblin

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 02:17

You might want to take a look at the Blighted Nyss from the Hordes range as well. They have proportions that are closer to Dark Eldar, and the blight makes them look particularly nasty as well.

Not quite as steampunky as the Drudges, but that's where the green stuff comes in Wink

http://geeklifebalance.wordpress.com
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 08:15

Yeah, I had my eyes on some of the models from Hordes to convert into grots. I was going to use the lower half of the legion of everblight warspears with the upper torso of chaos spawn, unfortunately the warpears were significantly smaller than I thought.

I still have yet to find a suitable lower body for my mad creations. I've seen quite a few conversions online that other people have done but none of them quite fit my image.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Doomfall
Hellion
Aurora Doomfall

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 22:25

I converted mine out of wargames factory Viking bodies with witch arms and reaver mirrored helmets
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 23:57

Aurora Doomfall wrote:
I converted mine out of wargames factory Viking bodies with witch arms and reaver mirrored helmets

Are these conversions for wracks or grots?
Back to top Go down
Aurora Doomfall
Hellion
Aurora Doomfall

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 04:41

Wracks, their only man-sized
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 05:10

I already have my wracks taken care of, but thanks. I need conversions for grots.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Doomfall
Hellion
Aurora Doomfall

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 08:09

Rat ogres with masks from the new talos
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 15:46

Aurora Doomfall wrote:
Rat ogres with masks from the new talos

The regular rat ogres or the ones from the isle of blood set? What about arms?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 17:52

jb7090 wrote:
The regular rat ogres or the ones from the isle of blood set? What about arms?

Both have been used, you can plenty of examples in the Aphotic Gallery and other sections of the Haemie Workshop.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Aurora Doomfall
Hellion
Aurora Doomfall

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 20:35

I used both, using the rat ogre arms, the rat ogre kit even comes with a thing to use as a liquefier gun (convenient)
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 08:36

I love those minis, I'm going to use them as Wyches. I think the GW Wych models are a bit plain and I'm going for a more piratey theme.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 08:50

Are you gonna pick up Pirate Queen Skarre as well?
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 16:55

I already have her. ^_~

I just can't quite decide what to use her as. She could be a Hecatrix, a Succubus, or even a Haemonculous. Though the Blood Wyches come with a squad leader for a Hecatrix and I can't really find a place for a Succubus in my list, so it's leaning towards Haemonculous. That way I can have two other Haemonculi and increase the number of IC's and spread some more pain around. My other Haemonculi look more like the GW one, though I converted them from some of my old Dirz minis from Confrontation. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317650

I've been toying around with notions of having my DE Corsairs be literally Vampiric, thus staving off Slaanesh through drinking blood without being connected to Commoragh. So my combat drug rules, PFP, and Haemonculous rules would represent Vampiric powers. I just feel like drinking the blood of your foes is classier than feeding off of the torment of slaves. I'm still fleshing out the background, but I figure the Vampirism was created for us by a rouge Coven in exchange for some bizarre artifacts.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 17:10

I think she would make a fine Haemonculus. It would be a shame to use that model to represent a Hecatrix. The horns definitely indicate some sort of flesh craft, which is why I use the other models as wracks.

I like your idea of having the combat drugs and PFP representing Vampirism and your project log link is amazing! Very nice looking models and conversions you have there. Great free hand on the sail.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 17:17

Thanks!

I'm kind of kicking myself about the sail, as I can't figure out how to fit the image onto other sail shapes yet. I'm going have to rework it for each sail I suppose.

I've been painting the horns Tin Bits to make them look like metal ornamentation, but I could see them as wracks, especially if you have Skarre as your Haemonculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Counts as wracks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counts as wracks?   Counts as wracks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Counts as wracks?
Page 1 of 1