THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Counts-as Grotesques?

Go down 
+2
Squidmaster
Dorkreign
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dorkreign
Slave
Dorkreign

Counts-as Grotesques? Empty
PostSubject: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 16:02

I'm starting up a DE army, haven't decided if I want any grots yet, but I have a few old plastic WHFB Rat ogres I could convert.

What is iconic about grots? How can I make sure people can look at it and say "OH, that is a nice (but hairy) grot"?

Thankful for input and ideas.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 16:06

For both Wracks and Grotesques, the key thing is they are creations of the Haemonculi. They are mindless servants, usually having been "converted" by a master Haemonculus to either serve as a servant, or as a tool of war.
So whatever the model you use as a base, the basic theme is that they are usually "worked on" surgically, maybe technologically.

Of course you can build however you want, but thats the "Coven" style.

I've seen a few Rat ogre Grotesques, and for inspiration the majority I;ve seen to just mix in Talos parts:

Counts-as Grotesques? 11dd991fd1ce3b978504574b4aab8d15
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dorkreign
Slave
Dorkreign

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 16:11

Awesome! I'll probably use that idea if I go for a coven detachment.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 16:17

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t332-urien-rakarth-haemonculi-wracks-and-grotesques
You could chech this out, even though some pictures are missing, thanks to Botophucket, including my Wraithblades count-as Grotesques which can be found in my project log that is linked in my signature.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 17:47

I've seen some good ogryn conversions floating around, like those rat ogre conversions they can be made into nice grots with some talos bits.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 18:40

I'm favorable toward Crypt Horrors with Talos bits, myself. The various Talos helmets and assorted vials/pointy bits slot perfectly onto the Crypt Horror body, so they're a very easy conversion.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 19:56

I think if you gave them masks and replaced one or both of their hands with crap from the Talos/Cronos kit that would work fine. If you're feeling adventurous, you could also try adding some tubes to their backs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counts-as Grotesques?   Counts-as Grotesques? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Counts-as Grotesques?
Page 1 of 1