THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?

Go down 
+37
The Strange Dark One
WanderlightWargames
False Son
yellabelly
fisheyes
Dreadblizzaard
sekac
dumpeal
El_Jairo
Sarcron
Lord Asvaldir
Braden Campbell
Bad-baden-baden
hydranixx
Void Prince
CptMetal
GreyArea
Red Corsair
withershadow
colinsherlow
HERO
TeenageAngst
Vindicavi
Ragnos
Darklord
Cerve
sweetbacon
SK-84
TheBaconPope
Archon Rievect
TSkouboe
Myrvn
Skulnbonz
Archon_91
Pilosocereus
Ikol
Burnage
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Extremely good
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba139%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 9% [ 8 ]
Very good
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba1330%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 30% [ 26 ]
Good
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba1340%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 40% [ 35 ]
Neither good or bad
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba1310%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 10% [ 9 ]
Bad
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba138%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 8% [ 7 ]
Very bad
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba132%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 2% [ 2 ]
Extremely bad
How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba131%How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Voteba15
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 88

AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13 2020, 11:20

I'm somewhat torn, to be honest.

On the one hand, claiming that the Harlequins have gotten new rules when the only thing in PR for them was the godawful Ynnari stuff seems low even by GW's standards.

However, if Harlequins do get a separate release, then it'll be pretty insulting for their tiny faction to get more stuff than Dark Eldar did.

yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2020, 16:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:

On the one hand, claiming that the Harlequins have gotten new rules when the only thing in PR for them was the godawful Ynnari stuff seems low even by GW's standards.

However, if Harlequins do get a separate release, then it'll be pretty insulting for their tiny faction to get more stuff than Dark Eldar did.

I'd rather see the Quins get a decent release, tbh. Someone else getting shoddy treatment from GW doesn't make the Dark Eldar psychic awakening rules any less disappointing.....

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2020, 16:34

yellabelly wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

I'd rather see the Quins get a decent release, tbh. Someone else getting shoddy treatment from GW doesn't make the Dark Eldar psychic awakening rules any less disappointing.....

You're right, of course.

It's just rather tiresome to see the treats lavished on other factions whilst DE are left in a state of perpetual neglect.

But yes, I hope Harlequins don't get completely shafted by GW.

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2020, 17:14

amishprn86 wrote:
GK's are twice the size as Quins, so i wouldn't call them small/niche.

Not saying Quins isn't, just not getting hyped lol

Twice the models I suppose, I'd still throw them in the smaller range of models, less played armies category. Course that may change with their new PA rules...

I'm not holding out hope for some massive, amazing release for the clowns. I just expect something, even if it's very little.

Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 02:55

I just read through whole the tread and I must say, it feels like 7th edition all over again.

7th Made me walk away from 40k but my local crew has picked it up again and I am looking forward to play 40k again.

We'll see how much fun I can have.

Yet I would advise you guys to start a venting/salt channel because it feels like I have been swimming in the Black Sea.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 03:11

El_Jairo wrote:
I just read through whole the tread and I must say, it feels like 7th edition all over again.

7th Made me walk away from 40k but my local crew has picked it up again and I am looking forward to play 40k again.

Yet I would advise you guys to start a venting/salt channel because it feels like I have been swimming in the Black Sea.

I fully understand that. But always remember the venting is out of love not hate. We all love the game so much and invested many hours into it so emotions are easily shown.

With that said, there are at least rules in place via CA books (This one and the last one) that can make the game really fun! Cities of death, custom heroes, the new CA missions style, etc.. all are really good. Its mostly when playing house rules events and pick up games with no talk about "what power level to play at" (an by power level i mean how strong of a list) is when it really becomes a problem.

Some that is becoming more and more common (and my local has been doing from start of 8th) playing 1 Eternal and 1 Maelstrom mission at the same time. Sounds crazy at first, but its a lot of fun.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 03:24

El_Jairo wrote:

lol!

I think I agree with you, Dark Eldar as a faction are in a good place right now. We're high in the competitiveness ranking, we have good models, and there are distinct playstyles to pick and choose.

We're not perfect of course, no faction is. Every faction has reasonable and unreasonable complaints.
Overall Dark Eldar are in a good spot. It would be a bad thing if we didn't have any room to improve.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 12:49

I will agree with @sarcron, we are in a pretty OK place. Sure, we are no pre-nerf Iron Hands, but we are also not pre-buff Grey Knights.

I remember the bad old days of 7th, before we got our Coven supplement. Without the Grotesquery/Dark Artesian, we were in a REAL bad place. Like through the bottom of the barrel and somewhere deep in the earths crust. Then after the supplement we were raised to solidly in the bottom of the barrel Razz

With a solid D2 weapon like the Dissy mounted on most of our vehicles, we are actually fairly well suited to counter the meta.

Thats my $0.02 for wahtever its worth
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 18:42

amishprn86 wrote:

Some that is becoming more and more common (and my local has been doing from start of 8th) playing 1 Eternal and 1 Maelstrom mission at the same time. Sounds crazy at first, but its a lot of fun.
Cool tip, I'll keep that in mind!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2020, 19:26

fisheyes wrote:
I will agree with @sarcron, we are in a pretty OK place. Sure, we are no pre-nerf Iron Hands, but we are also not pre-buff Grey Knights.

I remember the bad old days of 7th, before we got our Coven supplement. Without the Grotesquery/Dark Artesian, we were in a REAL bad place. Like through the bottom of the barrel and somewhere deep in the earths crust. Then after the supplement we were raised to solidly in the bottom of the barrel Razz

With a solid D2 weapon like the Dissy mounted on most of our vehicles, we are actually fairly well suited to counter the meta.

Thats my $0.02 for wahtever its worth

Dark Artisan. *Sigh* That brings back memories.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2020, 08:34

I do think we have been given a boost on two fronts now. Marines had so much super efficient firepower, and drukhari just aren't built to survive it.
The nerf to devastator doctrine is a massive boost for Drukhari imo. Iron Hands lose their re-rolls and suffer movement penalties again. Fists lose their +1 damage against our vehicles. All marines lose that extra AP on heavy weapons, thunderfire cannons etc. That stops the prevalence of artillery that killed us easily but couldn't be hidden from too.
The second change is if you play ITC. The new mission format steers people away from massive gunlines towards are more all round force that can contest for board control. That again makes life much better for Drukhari, as it rewards board control and steers list design towards something drukhari can handle better.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2020, 23:03

Hey all! I remember when the 5th ed book came out. I could finally play this beautiful army and at least win some. Then 6th hit a few months later and a few months after that, they got shelved. 7th came out, I thought I'd give them another go only to shelve them again. Now I play my Dark kin and have a great time with them. We've lost most of our characters but we do have great HQ choices (I play a lot of other armies). I even use mine in kill team and apocalypse even without any LoW. My 2 cents.

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 15:16

6th came out a few years after DE were released in 5th. I got to play MANY games with that beautiful 5th edition book.

6th and 7th were dark days, but mercifully, they did not come only a few months after DE released.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 16:36

Lucky guy. I was still mucking about with the filthy Mon-Keigh Astartus at that time.

We did get to keep the amazing models released with 5th though. And IMHO we still have some of the best looking models in the game. Wyches are still sexy AF with their dynamic action poses
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2020, 04:04

DE dex dropped Nov 2010 and 6th ed came June 2012. I'm old and time runs together for me. It felt like just a few months. On 7th I meant that I played them a few months after it dropped but the rules still sucked as bad as 6th. 8th is a blast, I can actually play any of my armies and have a good game without being slaughtered.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2020, 14:41

Hey all, how are people dealing with Knight Equivilents? Have been playing against Tyranids, and their Hive Tyrant spam is giving me trouble. T7 with 3+/4++ and then upgraded to 5+++ (psychic power) and -1 to hit (Relic/Warlord trait) means that Dissies dont do much.

Actually thinking of swapping out to more Lances or just ignoring them and focusing on the rest of the army.
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2020, 17:33

Splinter those fools. Surely there are better targets for dissies.

Also, Test of Skill Cult.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2020, 17:39

I went thru this against ad mech robots. Just couldn't bring them down with dizziness or lances but took a 20 man unit of warriors at half range and made him work for his saves, that's how I managed to finally do it. It might work for that too.

Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 09:59

fisheyes wrote:
Hey all, how are people dealing with Knight Equivilents? Have been playing against Tyranids, and their Hive Tyrant spam is giving me trouble. T7 with 3+/4++ and then upgraded to 5+++ (psychic power) and -1 to hit (Relic/Warlord trait) means that Dissies dont do much.

Actually thinking of swapping out to more Lances or just ignoring them and focusing on the rest of the army.

Hive Tyrants are really more of a vehicle equivalent, and shouldn't be that terrible to deal with. If he's spamming them, then he's got a maximum of 3. He can't give all 3 the -1 to hit relic, and he can only cast Catalyst (5+++) on a single tyrant too. Choose your target wisely. With the 4++ I think dissies math out on top of dark lances. Do you have Black Heart for re-roll 1's to wound?

Dreadblizzaard wrote:
I went thru this against ad mech robots. Just couldn't bring them down with dizziness or lances but took a 20 man unit of warriors at half range and made him work for his saves, that's how I managed to finally do it. It might work for that too.

Do you mean the Kastelan Robots? If so they are vehicle keyworded - Kabalites wound them on 6s.

Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 10:16

Exactly. With 2 dark lance and 2 blasters in a 20 man squad and a blast pistol on syberite.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 14:17

yellabelly wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Hive Tyrants are really more of a vehicle equivalent, and shouldn't be that terrible to deal with. If he's spamming them, then he's got a maximum of 3. He can't give all 3 the -1 to hit relic, and he can only cast Catalyst (5+++) on a single tyrant too. Choose your target wisely. With the 4++ I think dissies math out on top of dark lances. Do you have Black Heart for re-roll 1's to wound?

Dreadblizzaard wrote:

Do you mean the Kastelan Robots? If so they are vehicle keyworded - Kabalites wound them on 6s.

Don't forget that there is the Swarmlord and other units like Maelceptor that all have invuls, also there are new traits that gives an Invul (5++) to all MC's.

We are amazing at dealing with nids, he most likely wasn't bringing tools to deal with them.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 14:19

Dreadblizzaard wrote:
Exactly. With 2 dark lance and 2 blasters in a 20 man squad and a blast pistol on syberite.

No need for DL's or 20mans lol, 5mans or 10mans in vehicles work fine. Nids are stupidly fast and has lots of shoot Str 4-6 shooting, having large amounts of warriors is a easy threat for them. And DL on kabals? Umm....

Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 19:53

yellabelly wrote:

Hive Tyrants are really more of a vehicle equivalent, and shouldn't be that terrible to deal with. If he's spamming them, then he's got a maximum of 3. He can't give all 3 the -1 to hit relic, and he can only cast Catalyst (5+++) on a single tyrant too. Choose your target wisely.

Once again I find myself advocating Helm of Spite. Catalyst is the most powerful ability and casts on a 6. It is a perfect candidate for Deny, and Mortal Wounds cut through invulnerable saves.

Dreadblizzaard wrote:

Kabalites get 1 DL per 10 models, 1 Blaster per 5 models. I'd go 4 Blasters before 2 and 2. DLs are nice and cheap, but mostly as an addition to Blasters. This is a situation where Splinter Cannons might be the better option overall.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 22:00

I think one of best, if not our best match up is Nids. The invulns and such shouldnt bother us much because we should be poisoning down their big stuff and actually using our Blasters, DLs, and Dessies on the medium creatures. The Hive Guard, Warriors, etc should be shot with those weapons.
He can only give some of his big creatures a 5++ and if he is making those left and right it won't matter.
Down the Gaunts and Stealers they throw forward and just focus fire one MC at a time. Nids overall, especially against us are not in a good spot and we should want to play them almost every game.
I do think having some DLs is nice because you want the different damage bands across your army, so I would throw some in if you have zero.
@Dread
I like 20 man squads, but it depends on the list. I think they are definitely viable as a WWP unit. 20 guys coming down with x4 Blasters and either x2 DLs or Cannons are deadly. And with being Vect (hopefully) wait until Turn 3 and they will be Fearless so your opponent has to kill them all. I liek them, but would not advocate for them in every list.
Back to top Go down
Dreadblizzaard
Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 22:04

Oh I agree. My normal lists are 10 in a raider x3, the troop tax for a battalion. Unfortunately around here, I mostly just get imperial armies to face, it's been awhile since I've got to face bugs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar?   How do you feel about the current state of Dark Eldar? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next