THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Second Arm for this Model

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Second Arm for this Model Empty
PostSubject: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29 2019, 16:46

A while back I started work on a Shadowseer conversion (fluffed as a part-demon thing), using the torso from one of the AoS Sylvaneth Spite Revenants:

Second Arm for this Model QUk1s28l

The problem is his left arm.

Because these torsos are meant to be partially encased in branches, they're not designed to join directly to the left arms that come with them:
Spoiler:

What's more, the left shoulder seems only partially formed:

Spoiler:

What I'd really like is to somehow attack a second claw arm in a mirror of his right arm (giving him a similar pose to some of the models with dual lightning claws). And while I have claws for a left hand, I really don't know how to best attach them to his shoulder. As you can see from the pictures above, the claw arms are a lot thicker and have entirely the wrong attachment point. I could probably attach the left-hand claw to a different arm, but then I have no idea what piece to use for the upper arm or how to go about attaching it to his shoulder. As you can probably see from the picture, I've already tried using green stuff. In fact, I've now spent several hours trying green stuff and every time I've ended up with nothing but a catastrophic mess that needed to be painstakingly scraped off.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Preferably ones involving little or no green stuff.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29 2019, 16:58

I think you might be able to get away with the arm as is if, instead of trying to smooth over the shoulder, you cover it over. Perhaps with a single-shoulder cape?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29 2019, 17:27

Squidmaster wrote:
I think you might be able to get away with the arm as is if, instead of trying to smooth over the shoulder, you cover it over. Perhaps with a single-shoulder cape?

Do you have one in mind, as I don't currently own any single-shoulder capes?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2019, 09:59

I would suggest using green stuff.

As an example of what I mean by single-shoulder cape, I offer this video game character: https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1462/80/1462804030821.png

As you can see it merely drapes over the one shoulder, and would cover any sort of deformity or join on that shoulder.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2019, 12:17

Squidmaster wrote:
I would suggest using green stuff.

As an example of what I mean by single-shoulder cape, I offer this video game character: https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1462/80/1462804030821.png

As you can see it merely drapes over the one shoulder, and would cover any sort of deformity or join on that shoulder.

Thanks for the suggestion but given by track record with green stuff I can't see myself having much luck trying to mold an entire cape. Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Arm for this Model   Second Arm for this Model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Arm for this Model
Page 1 of 1