THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ragnis81
Slave
ragnis81

New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. Empty
PostSubject: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 03:59

Hi all,
I have just gotten into 40k after watching a few friends play some matches at the local gaming store and the Drukari look like a fun bunch of psychos. A friend of mine was getting out and gave new some Harlequin models still on the sprue. What I ended up getting was the following: Shadowseer x1, Starweaver / voidweaver x2, Troupes x3 and a Solitaire untouched.
I would like to use these in my Drukhari army if possible but am unsure witch faction I should field to compliment these murder clowns. I like the idea of Wyches but also like the looks of Kabal.
I was looking at either buying 2 SC boxes or the christmas battleforce (2019).
Any help and advice would be very gratefull. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 09:03

In my opinion, Kabal are the strongest of the three types of Drukhari. Current 40k favours the shooting, which is something both Wyches and Covens lack in. Kabal are quite good at it though.
I regularly field a small contingent of Harlequins alongside my Kabal, and find they work together really nicely. The Harlequins in that case fill the role that a Cult would - to run forward for close quarters killing.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
ragnis81
Slave
ragnis81

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 19:44

Thanks for the advice Sqidmaster. I’ll try to get the battleforce box then for the kabalites. If I miss out on it should I buy a few boxes of kabalites then or what would you recommend? Sorry for asking noobie questions.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2019, 19:51

Your typical choice for basic kabal will always be the same. Kabalites, an archon, and from there either raiders or venoms, depending on which transport you prefer

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
ragnis81
Slave
ragnis81

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 01:22

Awesome. I just managed to get a battleforce box of the Drukhari for this weekends release. I’ll see if Santa (the wife and children) can gift me a few transports for Christmas. Thanks again for the advice. Really excited to get my box and start building and painting. Now I need to decide on a colour scheme while at work atm 😊
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2019, 04:39

Good luck

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.   New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to 40K and looking to play with Drukhari.
Page 1 of 1