THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question about Ynnari detachments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Althae
Slave
Archon Althae

Question about Ynnari detachments Empty
PostSubject: Question about Ynnari detachments   Question about Ynnari detachments I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2019, 02:17

So, I recently picked up the Psychic Awakening: Phoenix rising book and I wanted to do a full Ynnari army. Well, looked at the rules and it mentions that units in a ynnari detachment lose their craftworld, drukhari, harlequin keyword and gain the Ynnari faction keyword, right?

Well, what I am thinking is that wouldn't I be able to create a battalion detachment (or any kind of detachment) with both kabalite warriors and guardian defenders in the same detachment?

Because at that point, the Kabalite warriors would not be considered Drukhari and would instead be considered Ynnari while the guardian defenders would not be considered Asuryani and would instead be considered Ynnari. So by that logic, would it be legal for me to include them all in a single detachment if they were all Ynnari?

To clarify in case of any confusion, I am not only referring to Kabalite warrior and guardian defenders, I am using them as examples.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Question about Ynnari detachments   Question about Ynnari detachments I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2019, 04:47

Copy and paste what i said to someone else with the same question

"Each faction (Craftwrold, Drukhari, Harlequins, etc..) has to be in their own detachments.
Each Army list can have multiple detachments, there is a rule for how many you can have, and that depends on your games point level and local areas event.

Each Aeldari army (CWE, DE, Quins) can also be a Subfaction of Ynnari, in order to be Ynnari you must have 1 of the 3 special named Ynnari Characters in your list (it doesn't have to be the warlord), this will add the Reborn Keyword to your faction keyword, example Reborn Harlequins, and also gains the Ynnari Keyword.

Hope this helps."

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Question about Ynnari detachments   Question about Ynnari detachments I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2019, 09:43

Same as what amish is saying, your ynnari detachments need to be made up of only one faction, and ynnari can't be that faction, excluding the ynnari character in it.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Question about Ynnari detachments   Question about Ynnari detachments I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2019, 14:22

Archon Althae wrote:
So, I recently picked up the Psychic Awakening: Phoenix rising book and I wanted to do a full Ynnari army. Well, looked at the rules and it mentions that units in a ynnari detachment lose their craftworld, drukhari, harlequin keyword and gain the Ynnari faction keyword, right?

Well, what I am thinking is that wouldn't I be able to create a battalion detachment (or any kind of detachment) with both kabalite warriors and guardian defenders in the same detachment?

Because at that point, the Kabalite warriors would not be considered Drukhari and would instead be considered Ynnari while the guardian defenders would not be considered Asuryani and would instead be considered Ynnari.  So by that logic, would it be legal for me to include them all in a single detachment if they were all Ynnari?

To clarify in case of any confusion, I am not only referring to Kabalite warrior and guardian defenders, I am using them as examples.

The above comments are correct in terms of how you build a Ynnari detachment, but I can see where the confusion is coming from.

Guardians, Kabalite warriors etc. do NOT lose the Asuryani or Drukhari keywords respectively. Their detachment just ceases to count as Asuryani or Drukhari detachments for things that refer to detachments specifically (like Warlord Traits, Relics, and Stratagems) but the units themselves keep the keyword.

They lose <Craftworld> and <Kabal> keywords, and replace them with the equivalent for Ynnari. So all this really opens up is mixing wych and Kabal units into the same detachment. Normally they wouldn't benefit from obsessions because you have a mix, but since both <wych cult> and <kabal> are replaced with <Reborn Drukhari>, there's no more conflict.

Since your kabalite warriors still count as Drukhari infantry, they can, for instance, be transported by non-Ynnari raiders and venoms (and non-Ynnari can be transported by Ynnari transports too).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Ynnari detachments   Question about Ynnari detachments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Ynnari detachments
Page 1 of 1