THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? Empty
PostSubject: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2019, 17:41

Lets say you have a unit of dark technomancer wracks inside a venom and the achohyst has a hexrifle, he shoots, overcharges and gets a 1 to wound... does the embarked model die?

according to transport rule: "Embarked units cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way whilst they are embarked."

so does that mean he cannot be slain or am i trying to stretch the rules too much?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2019, 19:51

I hadn't even thought of this. We had a similar discussion a while ago over what happened if embarked units took damage from the admech reflection ability.

From what I remember, we reached the consensus of either; Nothing happens, the mortal wound vanishes into the aether. Or, from a more fluffy perspective- the vehicle takes it.

That said, I still disagree with the fluffier idea of the vehicle taking it. From a rules point of view, it would make sense for nothing to happen, and the mortal wound to simply vanish.

EDIT: Looked over the admech errata: Apparently the unit that is embarked takes the mortal wound from the invulnerable save. So, yeah, if you use dark technomancers from inside the transport, that unit can have models die.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2019, 21:15

ah shoot...! Well thx for the answer that clears it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2019, 00:01

EDIT: SO they faqed it in Admech... wish it was in general FAQs......

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2019, 00:37

amishprn86 wrote:
EDIT: SO they faqed it in Admech... wish it was in general FAQs......

Yeah, it's getting seriously obnoxious that you have to search through ~60 FAQ documents to find rules now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?   can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can models inside a transport be slain from dark technomancy overcharge?
Page 1 of 1