THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you use your command points?

Go down 
+15
Archon_91
Gelmir
Archon
fisheyes
sekac
False Son
Skulnbonz
Lord Asvaldir
Cerve
hydranixx
velaresh
dumpeal
DevilDoll
Lord Weston
Creeping Darkness
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

How do you use your command points? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 12:03

I basically agree with items 1-4 on @velaresh list.

But need to add 2.1 - Command point Re-roll.

TBH the re-roll is the biggest game changer. It makes us so much more consistant, something that we really lacked in previous editions. DE seem to need it more than other factions, mostly because of how paper-thin we are (not counting Covens).

Have not used Black Cornicopians yet, but very excited to do so once my kitbashed wracks are completed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 14:45

We are paper thin because ultimately we have a paper thin list of options. Most of our hard hitting weapons have a pseudo reroll built in: Shredders have rerolls to wound, Heat Lances have 2D6, discard lowest. Haywires and Splinter weapons are too fickle and rely on number of dice to do their work. A single reroll to hit or wound wouldn't do much. Darklight weapons are our only real candidate.

This is a major criticism i have of how Drukhari work. We have limited choices of weapons in Kabalite squads, a total of 2 weapon choices for Assault and Heavy weapons. I would totally consider Heat Lances or Haywires in a Kabalite Squad.

The other problem is that we lack a general reroll to hit aura, like Chapter Masters.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 14:57

False Son wrote:
This is a major criticism i have of how Drukhari work.  We have limited choices of weapons in Kabalite squads, a total of 2 weapon choices for Assault and Heavy weapons.  I would totally consider Heat Lances or Haywires in a Kabalite Squad.

I agree False Son.  I would love to see more options for the Kabalite Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 15:14

Basically I sort of agree. I want Kabalite Trueborns back. Preferably with more weapon options like Heywire or even Shard Carbines. I'm still sour about not being able to use my squad of awesomely painted elite Kabalites.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 15:33

Whist HQs are still my priority (for all that that's worth), I do agree about the lack of weapon options for Kabalites.

2 specials and 2 heavies really doesn't give us a whole lot of choice - especially when the special and heavy use near-identical profiles and the other heavy is just more splinter shots.

Gelmir wrote:
Basically I sort of agree. I want Kabalite Trueborns back. Preferably with more weapon options like Heywire or even Shard Carbines. I'm still sour about not being able to use my squad of awesomely painted elite Kabalites.

I'd also like Trueborn back (preferably with 3 or 4 as the minimum, rather than 5). I know it probably wouldn't be the best choice but it would be nice if they could have the option of some sort of melee wargear.

It would also be nice if they weren't almost double the cost of Kabalites but I imagine I'm just dreaming with that one. Rolling Eyes

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 19:44

I think the reason we dont have those is the codex was built around the idea of the "raiding party" where we would take several patrol detachments and fill the place where trueborn and bloodbrides would go with scourge and incubi/mandrakes ... and that they just didnt want to be bothered making models for them
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 16:31

Grrr. That darn Raiding Party. Was very hopefull at the beginning of 8th that they would give us a special exception to the 3 detachment rule. Still a little bummed out about not being able to use it.

But back on topic, I think we have basically discussed all the relevant command point usages. I did not buy the DE PA book, because I didnt hear anything good about it. Am I correct in recalling that they only gave us a silly <build-a-faction> chart, and no new warlord/relic/strategims?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13 2020, 16:43

fisheyes wrote:
Grrr. That darn Raiding Party. Was very hopefull at the beginning of 8th that they would give us a special exception to the 3 detachment rule. Still a little bummed out about not being able to use it.

But back on topic, I think we have basically discussed all the relevant command point usages. I did not buy the DE PA book, because I didnt hear anything good about it. Am I correct in recalling that they only gave us a silly <build-a-faction> chart, and no new warlord/relic/strategims?

That's correct. Apparently those things are reserved for factions GW actually cares about.

For what it's worth, a few of the new faction combinations are decent but the Kabal ones are utter garbage.

Apparently someone at GW got confused and thought Kabalites were a fantastic melee unit and so handed out nothing but melee buffs.

Also, since we're not Marines, using a Custom Kabal/Cult/Coven means giving up any and all of the subfaction-specific Warlord Traits, Relics and Stratagems. When you combine that with the fact that we didn't get any new Warlord Traits, Relics or Stratagems, it's pretty damn disappointing. Our options are already on the thin side but the options available to HQs in Custom subfactions are just pitiful.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, Dark Eldar did get something else in Phoenix Rising - a name generator! Boy did Christmas come early for us. Rolling Eyes

El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15 2020, 23:01

There is a new Stratagem from Chapter Approved that can be useful from time to time:

BLASTS OF DARK ENERGY

When you target a Vehicle with all the weapons of a Ravager, you can add 1 to wound rolls.

Which can be better that just having one re-roll for that Ravager.

From how I see it, it can really help Dissintegrator Ravagers because the volume of shots almost assures additional wounds.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15 2020, 23:21

IIRC it's not for a normal game, I'm fairly sure, I remember someone posting about it here before it was shut down. Correct me if I'm wrong

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2020, 00:17

Which CA is that Stratagem from?

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2020, 00:37

It's from the most recent Chapter Approved, but it's a narrative-only stratagem.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2020, 15:53

It would be interesting if true. Did not buy CA 2019, and a little late to be getting it now.

Really disappointed by our lack of support in PA, but that is the life we chose. Some of the best models in the range (even though 7+ years old now), at the cost of anything new/exciting. Oh well, at least our transports kick butt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you use your command points?   How do you use your command points? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you use your command points?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2