THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

9th edition rumours

Go down 
+10
krayd
Gelmir
Squidmaster
fisheyes
Vailex
Archon_91
False Son
Genomir
Lord Asvaldir
Sarcron
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

9th edition rumours - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 13:10

Completely agree.
9th edition needs to be what 4th was - a tweak of the previous rules but nothing at all drastic.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 15:04

GW keeps trying to reinvent the wheel, and comes up with a octagon. Then, instead of improving it and slowly making it more round, they start from scratch and come up with a square... (-_-)

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 15:25

fisheyes wrote:
Really bummed out when my local GW guy started talking about 9th. 8th has been one of the best editions so far (been playing since 3ed), mostly because of the constant rule/point tweeks. I am sure there are a number of you lurking out there that remember the bad old days when you had to wait 3-5 years for imballanced units to get nerfed/changed.

If anything, I would like to see an 8.1 edition come out, with all the various FAQs/etc rolled into the BRB. Seems like a waste to have gone through the last 3 years trying to balance the game, only to throw it all out the window because "buy more books".

My $0.02 anyway

I'm almost certain that this is what the next edition of 40k will be; just a consolidation of rules changes into a new core book, alongside a new starter box.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 18:25

Yeah. They're not going to do a massive rule rewrite, like the switch from 2nd to 3rd, or from 7th to 8th. Remember, 4th through 7th editions were all just different revisions of 3rd edition, so they'll probably use 8th as a base and do several revisions for a while. They'll incorporate the FAQ/errata.. maybe introduce a few other rules tweaks. For example, they could impose a cap on the number of aura effects that can be applied to a unit at once (I personally would impose a cap of no more than 2 stacking effects), They could make make some alterations to terrain rules, etc.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 23:26

krayd wrote:
Yeah. They're not going to do a massive rule rewrite, like the switch from 2nd to 3rd, or from 7th to 8th. Remember, 4th through 7th editions were all just different revisions of 3rd edition, so they'll probably use 8th as a base and do several revisions for a while. They'll incorporate the FAQ/errata.. maybe introduce a few other rules tweaks. For example, they could impose a cap on the number of aura effects that can be applied to a unit at once (I personally would impose a cap of no more than 2 stacking effects), They could make make some alterations to terrain rules, etc.

I think auras should be exceedingly rare--special characters, guard commissars, stuff like that. HQs should instead issue "orders" to specific units within 6". Having EVERY army clustering around HQs and moving as bricks is just silly.

Tired of seeing castles, and it doesn't match the lore for very many armies either. I'd like to see an edition that encouraged people to use more of the board this game is played on.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11 2020, 23:34

Auras universally changing to "one unit within x inches receives bonus y" would be tremendously good for the game, as far as I'm concerned. I think the original intention behind them was even to replicate characters joining a single unit, and this would move them much closer to that.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 12:05

@Gelmir, rofl.

I dont know about all of you guys, but I can barely keep all the various editions straight in my head. They all seem to blend together, especially 6/7th (so pissed when they dropped 7th 2 weeks after I finally bought the 6th BRB).

The only real update I want is terrain. Put a base on every terrain feature, then infantry is in cover if on the base. Done. (I play semi-competitively and have never attended a tournament) Then roll all the updates/FAQ/etc into the BRB, and give me a little update on the Chasm of Woe. I would pay $75 for that BRB.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 12:27

6th was freaking awful, i can remember 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th really well apart.

6th was were Jink was only a 5+ save,D weapons were remove models, MC's didn't have the Monster Attack but instead had Smash (this was fixed in 7th like all 6th rules), vehicles HP's were even worst than in 7th (moving over Rubble could take a HP off and immob you for example.. a tank cant move over rubble ffs), Flyers where even harder to kill b.c Flying MC was a thing and all flyers where always 6 to hit unless a rule said otherwise.

For DE and Nids it is was the darkest of times, we only got a 5+ save if we basically didnt move (fast armies got a 4+ but then you couldn't shoot) so you either move and did't shoot for a better save, or slightly move, shoot and got a bad save, Flamers also auto hit the transport and the units inside anyways, and because you only need to CLIP the vehicle to get ALL HIT flamers and damage spilled over regardless of range, I've seen orks with burnaboys get over 100 hits on a unit of 30 gants b.c they could hit 10 gants, it was really stupid.

Finally they had the really bad Ally chart, Necrons allying with Marines type of crap lol.

7th was just a clean up of 6th and honestly was a really good edition besides redundant USR's and if they would have cleaned it up a bit more, took out the formations 8th could have been the best edition every.

They really need to clean up 8th, i'm only doing 1500pt friendly only games for now.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12 2020, 13:12

Well, the BRB actually only has about 12 pages of rules. The core rules alone are very basic. I don't see GW making any large changes anytime soon. We may see a new BRB with updated fluff and some Errata fixes, but that is it. I think any major changes or updates to the rules are going to come from Codex updates or books like the PA series. The way the rules are divided up now, you can make MAJOR changes to the way and army plays, with just a few changes in their Codex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9th edition rumours   9th edition rumours - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9th edition rumours
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2