THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids   2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2020, 10:04

Went to a tournament yesterday, new ITC Beta rules. Certainly better than the old ITC but I'm still not a fan of them.

Anyway, list:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [37 PL, 741pts] ++

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 61pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol, Writ of the Living Muse

Yvraine [6 PL, 115pts]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 47pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [2 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [7 PL, 141pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [41 PL, -1CP, 659pts] ++

Detachment Type
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers, Masters of Mutagens

+ Stratagems +

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Drazhar [6 PL, 100pts]: Warlord

Haemonculus [5 PL, 83pts]: Liquifier Gun, The Nightmare Doll, Venom Blade

+ Troops +

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]
. Acothyst: Haemonculus tools
. 4x Wracks

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]
. 4x Wracks

Wracks [3 PL, 45pts]
. 4x Wracks

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 81pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Shock Prow

Venom [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [33 PL, 600pts] ++

Detachment Type
. *Custom Cult*: Berserk Fugue, Test of Skill

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter [8 PL, 145pts]: Twin splinter rifle
. 2 Disintegrator Cannons: 2x Disintegrator cannon

Voidraven [9 PL, 165pts]: Two void lances, Voidraven Missiles

++ Total: [111 PL, -1CP, 2,000pts] ++

It's not the strongest I could make, but it's what I have. To tweak it, the craftworld flyers are hands down better, even if they cost a little extra - and in a tournament, I suppose there's no reason to handicap yourself Wink

That said, the test of skill flyers are doing a decent job.

Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids   2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2020, 10:17

Game #1 v. Iron Hands:

He had:

3 typhoon speeders
2 chaplain dreads with lascannon and fist
1 mortis quad lascannon dread
FW scorpius whirlwind
3x intercessors
1 eliminator unit
2 sniper scout squads
2 cc scout squad
1 lieutenant
1 banner bearer
1chief apothecary
1 chapter master with a D4 bolter
1 thunderfire cannon

I'm the Attacker, and I picked marked for death, recon and engineers for my secondaries.

DZ = Dawn of War.

Put the Raider in the webway with a Kabalite unit, Draz and Yvraine.

He put the Iron Hands castle in a big ruin on my right flank, close to the corner. There wasn't entirely enough room for the whole army in there, so I offered him a ruin on my side of the table and said he could have it for 1 pound Cool

I have played against the Iron Hands before, so I know it's normally a mistake to go after the dreads - but either he made a mistake, or got overconfident - not sure, but he had not screened properly against the air wing.
So I zoom all 4 flyers in the face of the dreads, and kill the quad las dread, bombed an intercessor squad on the way and one of my fighter planes managed to get closest to his chapter master and chief apothecary. Sadly only got 2 wounds through on the chapter master.

End of my turn I had killed 1 typhoon, 1 quad las dread, 1 intercessor squad and 1 scout squad.

His turn 1 he tries to fire the scorpius 3 times (if it doesn't move it can fire twice and with a strat it can fire an additional time Shocked ), which I #GetVect.
I probably didn't need to do that, but on the other hand he only managed to damage a couple of flyers and because I vected the strat a Ravager survived with 2 wounds.

He killed nothing turn 1.

My turn 2 I clear out everything on my left flank by charging a venom into a depleted scout squad. Shot down one of the chaplain dreads and killed the last 2 typhoons.

Raider dropped in on my right flank as close as I could get it to Castle Iron Hands.

His turn, he got 2 of my flyers and a ravager but I was starting to dominate midfield.

My turn 3 I finally kill the last chaplain dread, 2 intercessor squads went down and a fighter could now bypass the screening units and I shot down the apothecary.

Draz murdered one of the intercessor squads and consolidated into the scorpius.

Game ended turn 4 with 3 venoms charging into Castle Iron Hands, banner bearer and techpriest locked down in cc, chapter master all alone on the top floor with 2 incoming ravagers and 2 incoming flyers.

There's 0 doubt he would be tabled but due to time game ended turn 4 and he insisted that was it, and no talking out turn 5 and 6.

On average my turns take 10-15 minutes max...

Result: 26-14 to Dark Eldar.

Should have used a chess-clock. Had we played out turn 5 and 6 I would have got 10 points more.

If the situation was reversed and knew I had spent the vast majority of the in-game time, I would have given the points to my opponent.

Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids   2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2020, 21:51

Game #2 v. Custodes:

This was a bad match-up for him. The missionen allowed all units on hills or otherwise elevated terrain to re-roll 1's to hit.

He had:

3x 3 Troop squads
Banner
2 Bike units
Bike boss
Galladius tank
Terminators
Contemptor

I won the roll-off and got to start and with no chance of getting seized, I could deploy as aggressively as I wanted. So I did.

Deployment is quarters, and the custodes are all the way back in their corner.

I fly everything forward and keep as many units on top of hills as I can.

The razorwings and the bomber start shooting and finish off the Galladius, which explodes, he is about to re-roll the result - but I promptly #GetVect it! The tank is in the middle of his tightly packed army and the explosion causes 15 mortal wounds... ouch.

After the rest of my army is finished shooting I have killed almost all the bikers, only 1 and 2 left in each unit.

We played out his turn 2 to see if the deep strikers could cause some kind of miracle, but it was not to be.

After my turn 2, there's only 2 depleted foot squads left and he calls it.

41-5 to Dark Eldar.

Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids   2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2020, 21:25

Game #3 v. Jormungandr nids:

2 Broodlords
6 Dakka fexes with -1 to hit upgrade
6 Hiveguard
2x 20 Devilgaunts
2x Sporepod
Mawloc
Neurothrope

He's starting, and slowly moves the nids into range - but I have deployed most of the army out of range and only giving him targets with -1 to hit; venoms and the fighters.

He doesn't do much damage and I don't lose any units at all.

My turn 1, I drop the bomb on the hiveguard and shoot with 2 fighters and the bomber at them - but still 2 survive.
Turn 1 I don't do much damage either, as Jormungandr always counts as in cover if they don't advance or charge.

Flayed Skull would have been nice to have here...

Turn 2 he's starting to do some real damage. The sporepods come in and unload all the devilgaunts, 60 shots from each unit hurts. The Mawloc also enters, near my ravagers and deals d3 to 3 mortal wounds to each ravager.

I finally kill the hiveguard, drop in my raider close to the mawloc on my right flank and blast the mawloc off the face of the earth and lightly wound a sporepod. Also 1 fex goes down and I wound another. There's a big los-blocking ruin in midfield, which is the reason I couldn't concentrate fire as one of my secondaries is Recon.

His turn 3 it looks like he's dominating midfield. He takes out one of ravagers, 2 venoms are down, only 2 damaged planes left and the raider. However, I still have all the infantry except for one unit of wracks.
The infantry disembarks and moves into position to be exactly same distance from a broodlord and other enemy units - and I take out the broodlord with a couple of blaster shots and a venom.

Another fex bites the dust and one of the sporepods is cut down by my archon, who charged in and dealt the last wound.

Drazhar comes out to play, disembark, move and tried a long range charge into a fex, but failed.

Turn 4 the nids swarm around the ruin and shoot down the last venom and kill a unit of kabalites.

Another ravager also goes down.

But now Drazhar is within range, so is Yvraine and 3 units of kabalites. On the other side of the big ruin the ravager takes out a fex.

Drazhar, Yvraine, raider and kabalites charge. He heroic intervenes a broodlord, but Drazhar cuts down both a fex and the broodlord (in turn 5)...

Next turn he moves on and cuts down the neurothrope.

Nids tabled turn 6.

32-16 to Dark Eldar.

Total score 99 points and 1. place!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids   2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points tournament v. Iron Hands, Custodes and Tyranids
Page 1 of 1