THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Coven of Dark Technomancers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

The Coven of Dark Technomancers  Empty
PostSubject: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2020, 12:43

Just a quick question really. I have had my imagination sparked by the New technomancer obsession. I really love the fluff concept of a weapon master coven. Could someone tell me if there is any more fluff about this? Any coven that I can gravitate towards?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2020, 05:19

You could probably argue The Hex. Not only are they one of the covens at the forefront with lore about them, but they are weapon masters- being that they dedicate to making the truly bizarre and amazing weaponry.
The hex rifle, for example, was invented (and named) by them, a weapon that rapidly grows the bones of the target to the point they burst out, killing them, and anybody nearby in a burst of gore. It also makes sense for them to keep the best versions of their weapons to themselves.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2020, 08:49

Sarcron wrote:
You could probably argue The Hex. Not only are they one of the covens at the forefront with lore about them, but they are weapon masters- being that they dedicate to making the truly bizarre and amazing weaponry.
The hex rifle, for example, was invented (and named) by them, a weapon that rapidly grows the bones of the target to the point they burst out, killing them, and anybody nearby in a burst of gore. It also makes sense for them to keep the best versions of their weapons to themselves.

I'm a bit rusty in my DE lore, but isn't that the lore of the Ossefactor? I'm sure the lore behind the Hexrifle was the "Glass Plague", particles that turn flesh into crystalline structures that cause a "true death". And it was the Coven of The Hex that found a cure and subsequently weaponized its application.

Either way, The Hex is undoubtedly the best fit for the "Dark Technomancers" obsession.
Back to top Go down
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16 2020, 12:17

Ooohh interesting. Thanks for the advise. I’ll have a look through the codexes later. Is there one that focuses on them? The wiki seems to be bigging up their ‘artistic‘ nature more than anything else.

Edit: Ah ok! Looks like it’s fleshed out in the coven supplement. Yeah seem pretty perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17 2020, 08:08

OKAY SO. I might have mixed up the ossefactor and the hex rifle. That said, please insert ossefactor where I put hex rifle in the previous post. Or, replace the lore with that of the hex rifle, i.e. turning people into glass.

Good luck with your coven though

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Prince Herlath
Slave
Prince Herlath

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17 2020, 18:39

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Apart from the artwork are there painted models anywhere? Maybe in the painting guide?

Cheers chaps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of Dark Technomancers    The Coven of Dark Technomancers  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coven of Dark Technomancers
Page 1 of 1