THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubi vs Sslyth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Styx
Slave
Styx

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 09:07

Imagine that you are an Archon and you are thinking to get some proper protection.
What would be your preference?
If I understand right Incubi are more loyal and also more expensive than Sslyth
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 20:34

In terms of pure protection, sslyth would be better, they make excellent bodyguards, and their natural armour means they can ignore grievous wounds.

On the other hand, if you want a unit of very strong melee, that can act independently and shake the battlefield, incubi are the way to go. Take drazhar with incubi and they start killing almost anything.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Styx
Slave
Styx

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 21:58

I think that i wasn’t precise with my topic.
I know statics in a game, but I was looking from story perspective which is better and more loyal bodyguards.

I red majority of Dark eldar omnibus, and for now there are only Incubi involved.
It looks to me that bodyguard of incubi are like „royal bodyguard“ and Sslyth are like “lower class” bodyguard.

Or do you think that that would be more like preference of an Archon.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 22:32

I reckon it might be down to the individual Archon. Yllithian, Xelian, and Krailach were all descendents of the pre-kabal nobility. With the arrogance of their kind I imagine many of them (not all) would disdain sullying their immediate surroundings with something that wasnt true-kin.

I would choose Incubi personally. They would have quite the reputation for being reliable with contracts I imagine. I am honestly not sure how strongly the concept of loyalty would play on an Archon, any complacency could lead to their downfall. For that alone I would choose Dark Eldar with rare reliability over Sslyth. Sslyth would have an alien mind to an Eldar and couldnt be too sure about many aspects of their psyche. At the very least you can rely on Dark Eldar to be unreliable cutthroats, but when you are at the top of the violent meritocracy you have at least proven to yourself that you could best other Eldar should they turn on you.

Incubi vs Sslyth YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 09:02

Apologies, I might have jumped the gun then.

I agree with Lord Cavash, it comes down to personal preference. Some archons might prefer the Sslyth, their sheer tenacity and esoterism can be quite the boon, espeically against upstart mon-keigh. On the other hand, the armaments of the incubi are very fine, and they are one of the two things you can trust in the dark city (the other being that Vect's will is absolute).

I myself prefer incubi, as not only are they very fine bodyguards, but they are a most joyous sight to behold on a raid in all their action. They also serve as a nice filter to allow only particular champions of the enemy to close in.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Styx
Slave
Styx

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 21:41

Thank you very much guys. This was very helpful and have sense.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 23:03

Incubi were trusted to guard the gate in the bowels of commorragh linked to the Warp, before the whole "gathering storm" story advancement.

If they are trusted enough to stand next to a literal portal to hell based on a contract, they can be trusted with anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Incubi vs Sslyth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incubi vs Sslyth   Incubi vs Sslyth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubi vs Sslyth
Page 1 of 1