THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500p - Three Patrols

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sejason
Hellion
sejason

1500p - Three Patrols Empty
PostSubject: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 15:04

For 9th I'd like to mix something from all the options we have: Cults, Coven and Cabals. My first idea is something like this:

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [20 PL, 370pts] ++

Detachment Type: Cult of the Red Grief
Fixed Combat Drug Selections

+ HQ +
Succubus [4 PL, 60pts]: The Blood Glaive, Blast Pistol, Hyper-swift Reflexes, Hypex (Combat Drug, +2" Movement),

+ Troops +
5 Wyches [2 PL, 40pts]: Grave Lotus (Combat Drug, +1S)

+ Fast Attack +
Reavers [10 PL, 195pts]: Painbringer (Combat Drug, +1T)
. Arena Champion: Bladevanes, Splinter pistol, Splinter Rifle
. 5x Reaver: 5x Bladevanes, 5x Splinter pistol, 5x Splinter rifle
. 3 Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Bladevanes, Blaster, Splinter pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +
Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: 2 Splinter Cannons

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [27 PL, -2CP, 538pts] ++

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Black Heart
Alliance of Agony [-1CP]
Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +
Archon [4 PL, 74pts]: Blaster [Legends], Labyrinthine Cunning, Shadowfield, Venom Blade, Warlord, Writ of the Living Muse

+ Troops +
Kabalite Warriors [4 PL, 104pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. 1 Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon
. 2 Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. 1 Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Bladevanes, 3 Disintegrator cannons
Ravager [7 PL, 140pts]: Bladevanes, 3 Disintegrator cannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 80pts]: Bladevanes, Dark Lance, Night Shield

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [36 PL, 592pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Type: Prophets of Flesh

+ HQ +

Urien Rakarth [5 PL, 90pts]: Casket of Flensing, Haemonculus tools, Ichor Injector

+ Troops +

Wracks [5 PL, 59pts]
. Acothyst: Haemonculus tools, Hexrifle
. 5x Wracks: 5x Haemonculus Tools

+ Elites +

Grotesques [14 PL, 245pts]
7 Grotesques with Monstrous Cleaver: Flesh gauntlet, Monstrous cleaver

+ Heavy Support +

Talos [6 PL, 99pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel, 2x Haywire blaster
Talos [6 PL, 99pts]
. Talos: Macro-Scalpel, Macro-Scalpel, 2x Haywire blaster

++ Total: [83 PL, -2CP, 1,500pts] ++

So at its core is still the tried and highly valued Black Heart Cabal setup for the Dakka part and the Meat Mountain for the choppy stuff Smile
I chose a big unit of Reavers for the Wych Cult, as they are quite fast and can put out a nice amount of Dakka as well. With T5 and W2 the unit is also durable - for Wych Cult at least.
I'd like to include some Mandrakes for infiltration stuff and think about switching a Ravager for them, but am not sure ... what do you think?

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 22:58

I dont think it would be worth it to take 7 Grots, due to the Blast and Coherency rules. 5 would be better.
Back to top Go down
sejason
Hellion
sejason

PostSubject: Re: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 08:12

I thought about those rules and I think it is not worth it reducing the Grotesques to 5 just because of them.
Coherency is not a major problem for a squad that wants to push forward as fast as it can. I don't want them to stretch out over half the board, I want them to walk forward and smash into the enemy line with a Haemonculus behind them.
The new Blast rule says that untis over 10 models get the full amount of possible hits (6 for a D6, 12 for 2D6, ...) and units from 6-10 models get at least 3 hits, no matter what the dice say. 3 guaranteed hits from a D6 is normal, so from this perspective ok for me Smile

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 10:27

I really think that coherency will be a big change from 8th, and the option to spread out will be worth the loss of a few grots. It's not like we have layered bluffs to give the grots, MSU squads will be just as effective as large blobs. Maybe more, since MSU can do multiple "Actions" ( not that grots should be doing that, but the option is nice)
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2020, 13:50

Yeah the new coherency rules were intended to eliminate conga lining and such, but it's not as simple as being unaffected as long as you're not trying to be janky.

As we move units around the board, we often do so somewhat haphazardly. Coherency has been basically the same for decades and our habits are based on that.

In my first test game of 9th, my opponent had a squad of 6 grey hunters that disembarked. The very first time he moved that unit, he accidentally had one model hanging back just slightly enough to only be in coherency with one other model and would've died if we were being strict.

Coherency is going to take discipline, whether you're intending to pull off clever moves, or just running up the board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500p - Three Patrols   1500p - Three Patrols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500p - Three Patrols
Page 1 of 1