THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wrack Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+2
Denegaar
fisheyes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Wrack Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 14:48

Was very impressed with my 3 units of 5 wracks in my last game. One squad of 5 survived a doubleshoot from a Tyranid Exocrene completely unscathed.

Over the course of the game they managed to hold 2 objectives for the +10VP almost every round, then Black Cornicopian'ed into the enemy deployment to Build Teleporter winning the game.

I was just running them in standard Flayed Skull Venoms, no upgrades. Didnt even keep a Haemonculus close to get them to T5.

Are other people as in love with them as me? Has anyone played around with other Covens (DT with Liquifiers)? Has anyone spent the 2CP to re-roll their wound rolls and killed something impressive?

Got another 5 wracks to build and 10 to paint, and I want to get even more hyped for them Smile
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 15:14

Today I've played a 1000pts game with 10 of them in my DT/MoM Patrol.

One squad of 5 secured my "home" objective for all the game, while the other was inside a Venom and helped with another objective until turn 5, in general, they felt way better than my Kabalites... even being DT, they were quite hard to kill (ofc, playing vs elves), and autowounding on 6s was nice given the amount of attacks they have.
Liquifiers is a good idea, I will try it next time.

I would play them PoF just for Cornucopians, but given that 1000 pts only gives you the option of 2 detachments, I wanted to keep Kabal for Vect and Cunning... But yeah they are pretty good in 9th just for the raw resilience they bring.
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 16:39

PoF are good for groundcountral ,but DT venons spams i think they are better. Two units of DT wraks in venons are very good in a ofensive roll , take two liquiefers send them to take a objetive. The Hexrifle+Osseofactors squads are other great options , the damages of wraks is superior to
that caused for kabalites in close ranges and survivality es superior.

other options that may be good, It is the obsessive collectors vs msu units ,and the other to inflict mortal wounds in charge phase.

Will we see 2 wound wraks in the next codex?
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 16:51

If the Wracks never see any combat then they're probably doing their job. That's just the way of 9th edition, I suppose. In my first game two units of 5 accounted for most of my objective scoring, and I think they're clearly suited for that role (I am waiting to try out Sslyth to take over backfield objectives, allowing the Wracks to be more aggressive). It's much easier to accept this role than with Kabalites or Wyches, since with those you feel like they have to be killing something.

The only amount of real strategy I've found with them is when deciding to keep them in the transport parked on an objective or not. Do you disembark them whenever possible to get more models that have obsec onto the objective or do you keep them in the Venom/Raider for an added layer of protection, but only have a single model on the objective?

That's also why I think they're best run as PoF, to be more resilient and to open up movement options with Black Cornucopians. I'm toying with unit size because of that stratagem- a unit of 10 slugging it out over an objective for a couple turns and then coming back on at full strength could easily get the better of an enemy worth twice its points.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 18:49

I quite liked them in Flayed Skull Venoms for the extra movement.

One squad started in a boat, the second behind it. First squad disembarked (for the free 3" move) and ran up onto an objective. Second squad jumped into the suddenly vacant boat and booted up the field to cause mayhem.

I dont think ranged weapons are worth it on PoF wracks, they would not have done much in my game anyway.

Regardless, I no longer regret buying all of these wracks at the tail end of 8th. For a while there I was really kicking myself XD
Back to top Go down
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 19:43

I bought them because they are pretty good in Kill Team, now they are pretty nice in 40k too.

Haven't played Wyches in 9th, but looking how they look, right now I'm not playing a game without 10 Wracks.

If I can manage to play a 1500-2000 pts game (COVID makes going to the club hard), I'm pretty sure I'll play:

- BH Kabal
- PoF Coven
- DT / MoM Coven

So Wracks are a must.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 20:32

*Completely off topic*

Wyches are beautiful models with lots of Conversion possibilities. I would highly recomend getting a box if you have the money/time/inclination. I also think people are under-rating them, they can be buffed to extreme levels with drugs/cults/etc. I have not made it work, but I am sure others can

*Back on topic*

Not sure if 10 man wracks are worth it though. If something is able to kill 5 wracks, I think they would be able to kill 10. At 60 pts for 5, they can absorb far more firepower than Average Joe would assume. At 120 pts, something heavy may be brought to bare against them.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 20:37

fisheyes wrote:
*Completely off topic*

Wyches are beautiful models with lots of Conversion possibilities. I would highly recomend getting a box if you have the money/time/inclination. I also think people are under-rating them, they can be buffed to extreme levels with drugs/cults/etc. I have not made it work, but I am sure others can

*Back on topic*

Not sure if 10 man wracks are worth it though. If something is able to kill 5 wracks, I think they would be able to kill 10. At 60 pts for 5, they can absorb far more firepower than Average Joe would assume. At 120 pts, something heavy may be brought to bare against them.

But if they survive the agression, you can regen your unit. The more they are expensive, the more the stratagem become worth using. And knowing you can do it, if there still is 1 wrack, your opponent will have to waste another volley of shooting.

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2020, 22:40

dumpeal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
*Completely off topic*

*Back on topic*

But if they survive the agression, you can regen your unit. The more they are expensive, the more the stratagem become worth using. And knowing you can do it, if there still is 1 wrack, your opponent will have to waste another volley of shooting.

This. I usually just 1 unit of 10 Wracks in a PoF Patrol, because of the amount of strategy potential this unit have. Black Cornucopians can be sick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrack Appreciation Thread   Wrack Appreciation Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrack Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 1