THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core Empty
PostSubject: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 08:42

Hi all! I am just working on my competetive list. Would like to know your thoughts Smile

PoF Batalion
Hoemonculus + Vexator + warlord (soothsayer)
Hoemonculus
6x 5 Wracks
3x 8 Grotesques

BH Patrol
Archont + husk blade + Helm of Spite (prizes)
5 Kabalites

Red Grief Patrol
Succubus
5 wyches
5 Reavers

Secondaries I am considering are: engage on all froonts; banners or Scramlers; third depends on mission and opponent

There are 80pts left and I am wondering what can I spend them for 🤔

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 15:46

Hmm, you are not going to have many CP at the start of the battle. 12 CP - 2CP (BH Patrol) - 2CP (RG Patrol) -1CP (Relic) + D3

Can you pair down the Coven Bat into two Coven Patrols and drop the Wych Patrol? This would allow you do go with the Realspace Raider force (3 patrols for "free")
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2020, 20:45

I agree with you about realspace. I played it and it is ok, however this build is very slow. The whole point of Red Grief here is to bring Reavers for Alpha Striker and assault tanks. It work well and give Grotesques extra turn with lower incoming shooting.

About CP it is ok for me, I am used to low CP cap. All in all IT is 7+D3 plus one in first command phase, do in worst case scenario I start with 9 CP, not nad in my opinion.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 12:52

Alright dude, you do you.

I honestly think that Flayed Skull Venoms (19" movement) fill a similar role as your Reavers, but are a little less costly and tougher. I would recomend taking them for a spin at some point.

Once I went Flayed Skull I never went back
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2020, 13:20

Hmm, well that is not a idea with that Flyed Skull venoms 😃 I will give them a spin next game then. Curious if it works. To be honest, I loved them in 8th but somehow switched to Covens now 😉

Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07 2020, 09:50

Tested Venoms and Reavers. Bikes are better fit for this list. Played several games with both setups and due to longer threat range of Reavers, they are more flexible in terms of choosing targets.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2020, 14:20

Care to comment on how you used your Reaver Bikes? Were you using them to score secondaries or tie up enemy units?

In my games, I was using them to tie up units that were dangerous for my Grots/Talos. With the new rules of Vehicles/Monsters getting to shoot in CC (with a max -1 to hit), those targets would obliterate my costly 9 man Reaver squad (200 ish points). Now using my Flayed Skull Venoms for the same purpose (75 pts), and they are significantly less costly for a similar threat range (and generally die by the end of the enemy shooting phase regardless).

Thats my $0.02
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2020, 15:36

I wouldn't compare 9 reavers to a single venom. I'd rather compare 3 or 4 reavers to a single venom.  

And both have different rolls. Yes venoms can be used to charge units and stop some from shooting. But reavers do do a better job of it. They are a lot faster in red grief so can reach much further back. They are better a tagging unit and blocking larger sections of the board. Reavers are solid at killing chaf or weakened units. Can have good assault weapons that can threaten a wide variety of units like characters, elite units, vehicles l, do MWs on the charge etc. Reavers are a good utility unit that your opponent has to watch for. Drukhari don't have ignore LoS anything and so reavers are good for taking out those weaker hidden units hiding in the back. I think they should be a little cheaper point wise, but they do their job fairly well.

PostSubject: Re: Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core   Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competetive 2000pts list - Coven core
Page 1 of 1