THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 05:24

Greetings Smile I'm new around these parts and I just wanted to share an idea I had for an army centered around Urien Rakarth Very Happy The idea of the army would be Urien is looking to test his new "toys" on the battlefield, and has employed the help of the Kabal/Wych Cult to deliver these monstrosities to battle.

The list:

HQ:
Urien Rakarth

Haemonculus Violetta
Liquifier Gun
60pts
Haemonculus Sebastian
Liquifier Gun
60pts

Elite:
Grotestques x4
Strength Upgrade, Aberration, Venom Blade, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield
245pts

Troops:
Wracks x9
Liquifier Gun, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield
170pts
Wracks x9
Liquifier Gun, Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield
170pts

Warriors x5
Blaster, Venom, Splinter Cannon x2, Nightshield
135pts
Warriors x5
Blaster, Venom, Splinter Cannon x2, Nightshield
135pts

Wyches x5
Haywire Grenades, Splinter Cannon x2, Nightshield
135pts
Wyches x5
Haywire Grenades, Splinter Cannon x2, Nightshield
135pts

Heavy Support:
Talos Alpha
Heatlance
110pts
Talos Beta
Heatlance
110pts
Talos Sigma
Heatlance
110pts
Talos Gamma
Splinter Cannon, Liquifier Gun
105pts
Talos Omega
105pts

1975pts

Few points left over for toys some where? I could possibly get flickerfields on the Wrack/Grot Raiders some how.

As you can see I want to field as many of the MCs I can in the list, and it is purely out of fun but I would like a semblance of competitiveness to it. Right off the bat, I can tell that I do not have any effective AA and I'll probably end up playing the ignore the flyer game. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I await your comments!

2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft IMG_0941_zpsb0eb2f23
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 15:24

You'll have a lot of fun with this list. I played something similar a few times in 5th before you doubled the force organization chart. I might suggest dropping some of the night shields on units that will be charging headlong into the enemy.(Grots, Wyches) With the points you save webway portals can be added to help a couple of those Taloi pop up where you need them(liquifier Taloi out of WWP's are pure win)
Tell us how it does!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 01:57

Great concept. The double force org really does give strength to the Coven builds in the form of 15 T7 wounds on the Heavy Slot.

Have you thought of mixing up the Talos weapons. Stinger Pods are good for clearing hordes. TL Haywire Blaster is a decent way of sniping flyers.

But as ESE says, think about a Webway or two. Whats your plan for the Haemies on T1, as the portals need to be dropped T1 to be effective....if that possible with your plan, then try to add them in.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 04:10

Evil Space Elves wrote:
You'll have a lot of fun with this list. I played something similar a few times in 5th before you doubled the force organization chart. I might suggest dropping some of the night shields on units that will be charging headlong into the enemy.(Grots, Wyches) With the points you save webway portals can be added to help a couple of those Taloi pop up where you need them(liquifier Taloi out of WWP's are pure win)
Tell us how it does!
I hope I have fun with the list haha, I have everything purchased minus two Raiders Very Happy It'll be a while before I slapped them on the table since I want everything to be painted/based.

I have a project log on DakkaDakka but I can't post the link since I'm a new member Sad
I'll try to post a log post on this forum sometime.

1++ wrote:
Great concept. The double force org really does give strength to the Coven builds in the form of 15 T7 wounds on the Heavy Slot.

Have you thought of mixing up the Talos weapons. Stinger Pods are good for clearing hordes. TL Haywire Blaster is a decent way of sniping flyers.

But as ESE says, think about a Webway or two. Whats your plan for the Haemies on T1, as the portals need to be dropped T1 to be effective....if that possible with your plan, then try to add them in.

I've thought about mixing up the weapons, but I kind of feel like the Splinter Cannon is going to give me more of a bang for Anti Infantry and same with the Heatlance. Though I love the idea of each one running different armaments to play around with fluff wise, and don't I have to disembark to drop the WWP?

Here is a revised list taking into your suggestions:

HQ:
Urien Rakarth

Haemonculus Violetta
Liquifier Gun, WWP
95pts
Haemonculus Sebastian
Liquifier Gun, WWP
95pts

Elite:
Grotestques x4
Strength Upgrade, Aberration, Venom Blade, Raider, Dark Lance, Flickerfield
245pts

Troops:
Wracks x9
Liquifier Gun, Raider, Dark Lance, Flickerfield
170pts
Wracks x9
Liquifier Gun, Raider, Dark Lance, Flickerfield
170pts

Warriors x5
Blaster, Venom, Splinter Cannon x2
125pts
Warriors x5
Blaster, Venom, Splinter Cannon x2
125pts

Wyches x5
Haywire Grenades, Splinter Cannon x2
125pts
Wyches x5
Haywire Grenades, Splinter Cannon x2
125pts

Heavy Support:
Talos Alpha
Heatlance
110pts
Talos Beta
Heatlance
110pts
Talos Sigma
Stinger Pod
105pts
Talos Gamma
105pts
Talos Omega
105pts

2000pts

Another thought I had was to drop a combination of Warriors/Wyches in favor of taking 2 blasterborn squads, but that really cuts down on the objective holders. But with 2 decent sized Wracks squads and the MSU style of the Warriors/Wych, it might be better to take the blasterborns for more AT>
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 05:08

Yes you do have to disembark to deploy the Webway
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2013, 05:58

I would stick with that list for the sheer coven awesomeness of it all Twisted Evil
We can always use another project log loaded with coven stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft   2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts Urien's Coven of Fleshcraft
Page 1 of 1