THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

When and why did our faction symbol change?

Go down 
+4
Soulless Samurai
dumpeal
Uramael
Burnage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

When and why did our faction symbol change? Empty
PostSubject: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 11:18

This is such a minor thing, but it's bugging the hell out of me, especially given the appearance of the Merch store. Basically, for most of the last few decades, the Dark Eldar symbol has been this:

When and why did our faction symbol change? HDFh1kE

Yet over the last few years, we've started to get advertised with the Black Heart symbol instead:

When and why did our faction symbol change? O89694P

The changeover seemed to happen around the time of 8th, when we got labelled "Drukhari".

So I guess my core question is... why did this change happen? Was it to draw a larger distinction between the faction's time as "Dark Eldar" and its new-ish incarnation as "Drukhari"? Was it to symbolise Vect's greater control over Commorragh? Somebody at GW just forgetting what the original symbol was?

Answers on a postcard, please.
Back to top Go down
Uramael
Slave
Uramael

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 12:13

Also curious about this, is Vect that dominant to push that onto other Kabals? i doubt so, especially with how independent other Archons are.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 14:27

Would you look at that....

Totally didnt notice the change.

You need to spend more time in the Arena and less time inspecting what the fool Mon'keigh are doing. Let the fool Chattle Races do as they please Razz
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 15:09

Uramael wrote:
Also curious about this, is Vect that dominant to push that onto other Kabals? i doubt so, especially with how independent other Archons are.

Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 16:44

That's a shame because I prefer the old symbol.

But then, I also don't play Black Heart. Razz

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 18:04

I'm assuming they lost the rights to it as it completely disappeared out of the blue one day.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22 2020, 20:21

Lol, wouldn't that be perfect XD
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 10:26

I'm guessing it was solely to differentiate it a bit more.
The old one, whilst great, was also very simple and still basically an eldar rune. To the uninitiated, those just browsing the symbols to see what is what, it might be easy to confuse it for a generic eldar thing, or even Harlequin. A bit like how Chaos Marines and Chaos Daemons are sometimes hard to tell apart from symbols alone, because theey same damn one in a different colour.
Thats my best guess anyway.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Eldanesh
Slave
Eldanesh

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2020, 10:58

I think it probably has something to do with the army aesthetic revamp in 7th.
The old symbol is perfect for the old aesthetic, but seems a bit strange with the new models around.
The Black Heart symbol is a lot more curvy, just like the new army aesthetic.

But why they decided to use the Black Heart symbol, instead of inventing a new one for a general use... That seems strange to me too. Sure, Vect is the supreme overlord of Commorragh, but this could cause some ambiguity in iconography...
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 12:24

Lol, also remember that <Tau Sept> <Tau Empire> exists. Not everything makes the most sense in our Sci-Fi Space Magic game Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When and why did our faction symbol change?   When and why did our faction symbol change? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When and why did our faction symbol change?
Page 1 of 1