THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2019, 22:23

I just came across the Kabal of the Wraithkind and their symbol made me curious:

Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol Latest?cb=20120903234400

It looks vaguely Mandrake-y, what with the long hair and lack of mouth (though if it was a Mandrake I'd expect the colours to be inverted). But then there are the horns, which are definitely not a Mandrake trait. And while some DE helmets have horns, this doesn't look like any helmet that I'm familiar with (especially given the hair).

Basically, I'm curious as to what this symbol is meant to be. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be a specific creature or character?

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2019, 23:13

Thats b.c those are the deamons that attack them and did some ritual to transform that Kabal to look like them, if i remember the story correctly.

In the warp there are MANY daemons, more than we can know, and many are only mentioned from time to time.

The story goes (If i remember) An Archon was in one of the satellite cities, he got a really big ego and said "I want to rule" closed off his Satallite from Commorragh. But as soon as he did, a tribe of wrap monsters invaded him (It said they where speaking in eldritch language and looked like Mandrakes but where not, Night fiends of some type) and these fiends eat some essence from anything and everything. After the Ritual and feeding that Kabal changed into a form of those Night Fiends.

This if i remember is in the 5th ed DE codex.

They are called Wraithkin b.c they are daemon like now that can travel the warp daemon like portals. They use Raiding tactics to fight smaller bands to consume more essence.

After going back through it, they sound like an AMAZING theme for an Army, all mandrake type of looking kabals.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2019, 23:47

amishprn86 wrote:
Thats b.c those are the deamons that attack them and did some ritual to transform that Kabal to look like them, if i remember the story correctly.

Ah, that makes sense.

amishprn86 wrote:
In the warp there are MANY daemons, more than we can know, and many are only mentioned from time to time.

The story goes (If i remember) An Archon was in one of the satellite cities, he got a really big ego and said "I want to rule" closed off his Satallite from Commorragh. But as soon as he did, a tribe of wrap monsters invaded him (It said they where speaking in eldritch language and looked like Mandrakes but where not, Night fiends of some type) and these fiends eat some essence from anything and everything. After the Ritual and feeding that Kabal changed into a form of those Night Fiends.

This if i remember is in the 5th ed DE codex.

Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar.

amishprn86 wrote:

They are called Wraithkin b.c they are daemon like now that can travel the warp daemon like portals. They use Raiding tactics to fight smaller bands to consume more essence.

After going back through it, they sound like an AMAZING theme for an Army, all mandrake type of looking kabals.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. Twisted Evil

I could perhaps use a Mandrake for at least one of my HQ choices, adding horns to it and painting it white with black hair, so that it (hopefully) resembles the symbol.

However, I'm wondering about expanding the theme further to be even more daemonic. Perhaps a Coven detachment but themed around daemonhood rather than fleshcraft? e.g. Wracks could be Kabalites/Wyches with demonic heads/appendages similar to Chaos Possessed.

I know they're not very good, but the various beasts would probably fit in well.

What do you think?

Also, thank you for replying, you've been a great help and have given me a lot of ideas. Smile

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2019, 23:56

Just do your Kabal, no coven, the fluff has no coven.

Just make your Battalion of Kabals all look deamon like.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17 2019, 00:00

amishprn86 wrote:
Just do your Kabal, no coven, the fluff has no coven.

Are the Kabals and Covens that separate? I'd have thought there might be at least some Coven within the webway city that got sealed off.

Or do Kabals and Coven live further apart than I realised?

amishprn86 wrote:
Just make your Battalion of Kabals all look deamon like.

I'll give it a go. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol   Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Wraithkind Crest/Symbol
Page 1 of 1