THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

using shredders as blaster

Go down 
+4
1++
Crisis_Vyper
Gobsmakked
cougar_roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cougar_roger
Slave

using shredders as blaster Empty
PostSubject: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 05:33

would this be acceptable if all of the blasters in your army were modeled using the shredder gun? I need to get 8 highborn with blasters, and right now I have 4 with splinter cannons and 4 with the shredders. I didn't want to have to go on a scavenger hunt for 8 blasters. This is with tourney play in mind so, I want to do something that will be tourney acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 05:54

If you don't have any actual Shredders in your army to cause confusion, then I think you could use them and call them Blasters. Most non-DE players wouldn't even know the difference.

You can also make some simple changes to the Shredders - cut off the fins on the barrels, or cut off the barrels and replace them with something else, Disintegrator barrels or Blaster barrels from Blaster pistols, if you have any spare ones of those.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 07:05

Gobsmakked wrote:
If you don't have any actual Shredders in your army to cause confusion, then I think you could use them and call them Blasters. Most non-DE players wouldn't even know the difference.

You can also make some simple changes to the Shredders - cut off the fins on the barrels, or cut off the barrels and replace them with something else, Disintegrator barrels or Blaster barrels from Blaster pistols, if you have any spare ones of those.

You could even use those torment grenade launchers to make as barrels for Blasters. I tried one of those on a squad of trueborn and it looks good.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 10:02

Each Warrior box comes with a Blaster and a Shredder and a Blast Pistol. Convert the Shredder and Blast Pistol to look like the blaster. You now have 2 Blasters.

Could even go really extreme and use the Dark Lance from the Warrior box, and cut off the long narrow part, to reveal the piece that looks like a Blaster, now u have 3.

The Wyches box has a Blast Pistol. Cut off the barrel and glue to Warrior arm of choice. You now have 4 Smile

As mentioned above you can use Dissintergrator barrels. Of course, Reavers and Scourges have Blaster barrels, if your not using them, and also the Wych box has a Blast pistol barrel to use.

So 2 Warrior boxes and a Ravager (or 2 Reavers box) could quite easily make 8 Trueborn w/ Blasters. My 2000 point list calls for 8 aswell, and this is what I'll be doing.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 18:51

I use shredders as blasters, but I don't have any shedders in my current list so it makes no difference.

As previously said, most non DE players don't know the difference any way. They think everything is a blaster already.

using shredders as blaster Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
bymis
Hellion
bymis

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 13:20

I've cut a shredder around and changed the end to the blast pistol end and looks like a different blaster makes it look like a more custom built blaser will try and get a picture up
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 14:10

I just cut off the fins on the Shredder barrel and field it that way. My local metagame is fine about such odd weapons choices, as long as you tell the opponent what is what. Like said before, non-DE players won't tell a difference anyway.

Blind_Baku
Kabalite Warrior
Blind_Baku

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 19:39

Wrong forum, sorry. Didn't mean to necro post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: using shredders as blaster   using shredders as blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

using shredders as blaster
Page 1 of 1