THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings fellow Commorrites!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krethaq
Hellion
Krethaq

Greetings fellow Commorrites! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings fellow Commorrites!   Greetings fellow Commorrites! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 18:07

Hello everyone!

After a long time spent dallying and procrastinating (a strength of mine!), I've finally made an account here on the Dark City. I'm a former tabletop gamer from England who collected from 2000-2008, who regularly fielded his bright pink Slaanesh forces at Games Workshop Shrewsbury. Though I eventually stopped collecting, I have been a long-time lover of the lore of the Warhammer universe. A few years ago, a big nostaglic surge took me over and I found my enthusiasm for the 40k universe light up again, perhaps more than ever before, and particularly for the drukhari. I was more Craftworld Eldar guy when I was collecting and unfortunately stopped just before the fabulous relaunch the Dark Eldar received. Fate can be cruel somtimes.

After falling down the rabbit hole of all the new lore, developments and amazing minatures, I'm totally smitten with the Dark Kin. I have not got back into getting minatures, assembling, painting etc. I do intend to, though I have been diving into the Black Library and catching up on books I've missed (Path of the Dark Eldar, Phoenix Lords, Ynnari, etc.) Currently, I am doing a lot of creative writing and roleplay surrounding my ever-expanding cast of characters I am creating. Particularly, Archon Krethaq Ivensyr of the Kabal of the Howling Thirst, now also aligned with the Ynnari (don't tell Vect).

Since I stopped collecting, I've gotten heavily into roleplaying on MMO's, in D&D, etc. Making characters, writing their stories, DM'ing their adventures; all of those are big passions of mine and right now that passion is being channeled into Archon Krethaq Ivensyr and his Kabal. A lot has happened to them following the Dysjunction; joining the Ynnari, venturing onto a Crone World, clashing with the Deathwatch, making enemies with a particularly devious Herald of Slaanesh. All of these stories have been relegated to my head throughout lockdown, but now I'm hoping to start writing them down and sharing them here on the Dark City.

I am looking forward to getting to know people here and looking at your fabulous minatures, armies, stories, artwork and posts! I'm a bit of an art addict myself so I'll hopefully sharing some of that also. So on behalf of myself and Krethaq, hello everyone! Its good to be back in sunny (thank you Ilmaea) Commorragh!

ThatPlaything likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings fellow Commorrites!   Greetings fellow Commorrites! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 18:19

Welcome back to the grim darkness of the far future!
And also welcome to our glorious city (as of late every new Archon is more than welcome!!!).
Cant wait to read all the lore and stories you will come up with! Can't wait to follow the adventures of Krethaq!
Btw nice image you got there to depict your avatar (i guess it's Krethaq himself?)
Back to top Go down
Krethaq
Hellion
Krethaq

PostSubject: Re: Greetings fellow Commorrites!   Greetings fellow Commorrites! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 18:27

Kalmah wrote:
Welcome back to the grim darkness of the far future!
And also welcome to our glorious city (as of late every new Archon is more than welcome!!!).
Cant wait to read all the lore and stories you will come up with! Can't wait to follow the adventures of Krethaq!
Btw nice image you got there to depict your avatar (i guess it's Krethaq himself?)

Thank you so much! And yes, that's him (by the wonderful Inkary). I will need to wait a week before I'm able to share external links, but then I'll post a few of his pieces up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings fellow Commorrites!   Greetings fellow Commorrites! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings fellow Commorrites!
Page 1 of 1